Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dirt Showdown

Dirt Showdown 5 years 10 months ago #9726

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
It looks like Dirt Showdown (Codemasters) is going to be the next nice destruction derby game. I really liked the demolition race in GRID (Codemasters) and I hope the final game will be something like that.

Here's a list of the demolition derby games from 2011. They all have been a bit disappointing for me because they haven't added very much new to the genre and didn't activated me to post them here. Dirt Showdown looks very nice and I hope some kind of director-mode is included so that some cool machinima-race-action-movies will grow. :)

Mayhem 3D : b/w cartoon style and weak physics, looks like a bad PS2 game
Flatout3 : the worst flatout ever, not original studio or game engine anymore
In2ane : a motorstorm clone, car damage missing, not original studio or game engine
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by heavymett.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Dirt Showdown 5 years 7 months ago #9756

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
The PC-demo is out for a few hours now and I am really disappointed. The demo feels like a PS2 action racer from 2005 with better graphics. I thought of Crashed or Crash'n'Burn and even Destruction Derby Arenas came to my mind. I don't think that the other gamemodes are going to be any better. Dirt is a high budget casual racer. I wished that the crashes would look more realistic...

The freeware Rig of Rods shows how crashing is hopefully going to look in videogames in the future.
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by heavymett.

Re:Dirt Showdown 5 years 2 months ago #9789

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
Update: I changed my mind on Dirt and played the full version a lot. The online-multiplayer gamemodes are fun. If you like to challenge me try to search my nick on steam...

There is another development going on that is going to combine the kind of deformation from Rig of Rods with a popular game engine. It looks impressive.
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds