Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Driver Visit

Driver Visit 6 years 4 months ago #9642

I recently had the opportunity to visit Ubisoft Reflections Studios in Newcastle to sample the upcoming Driver: San Francisco and interview Martin Edmondson! You can read the coverage and view photos of my visit at the following links over on DGP:

A virtual tour of Ubisoft Reflections

drivinggamespro.com/featured/a-virtual-t...ubisoft-reflections/

Martin Edmondson on Driver

A look back at how it all began which includes part of my extended interview with Martin Edmondson:

drivinggamespro.com/featured/martin-edmondson-driver-interview/

Martin Edmondson on Driver 2 and Driv3r

In the second part of our exclusive Driver interview, Martin Edmondson recalls the difficulty of producing Driver 2 on the PS1 and gives his account of the scathing critics that lambasted Driv3r:

drivinggamespro.com/featured/martin-edmo...-driver-3-interview/

Driver: San Francisco single player hands-on

I go hands-on with Driver: San Francisco and talk to Martin Edmondson about the techncial challenges he faces and some of the new features we can look forward to:

drivinggamespro.com/featured/driver-san-francisco-hands-on/

Driver: San Francisco Multiplayer hands-on

I go hands-on with the all-important Multiplayer component of Driver San Francisco, unveiling some new modes and discussing how Shift has invigorated the competitive genre with Martin Edmondson.

drivinggamespro.com/featured/driver-san-...ultiplayer-hands-on/

The Movie Car Stars of Driver: San Francisco

This part takes a look at the movie cars that feature in the game and Martin talks about acquiring licensed cars.

drivinggamespro.com/featured/the-movie-c...river-san-francisco/

Martin Edmondson interview

This is a more preonsal insight into Martin Edmondson, including what inspired him to enter the games industry, how he grew up to be enamored with movie car chases and his car history:

drivinggamespro.com/featured/martin-edmondson-interview/

The last interview will be of particular interest to Varaces members as Martin discusses his favourite car chases - he hadn't heard of Varaces before so I did my best to plug it along with IGCD. We talked about car films and chases throughout lunch so it was like talking to an elder version of myself at some points! You could say it was a memorable day since I'm a huge fan of both him and the Driver series, which I'm sure some members can relate to :D
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Star Wars Fanatic.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Driver Visit 6 years 4 months ago #9647

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you for the interviews, the insights and the bunch of good articles. Thank you for sharing it, I can't wait to play the game and I wish that Driver is going to have success so that Martin Edmondson can start working on a rebuild of Destruction Derby.

8)

While thinking about this years autumn and the upcoming release I stumbled upon this clip. It's a good description of my mood. The first part is about my expectations on cars and action. The second (silent) part is what I am doing now...

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds