Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Driver 2010

Driver 2010 7 years 6 months ago #9300

It's happening.

E3 2010.

gamerlimit.com/2010/06/new-driver-game-d...s-in-teaser-trailer/

Consider me excited :D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Driver 2010 7 years 6 months ago #9304

Thanks for the link, SWF! I love the nod to the opening mission from the first game (the timed stunt run in the carpark, complete with the checklist!). I'm a bit disappointed it is a live-action cinematic, but I can't wait to see how they've updated the in-game visuals. I have the first and third on PC and the second on Playstation One and I still play them from time-to-time, so to hear the Mustang again is great news for me! Not sure if it's a sequel (with the cryptic ending of Driv3r) or a straight reboot, but I can't wait, anyway!

Can't believe it's been ten years...

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Re:Driver 2010 7 years 6 months ago #9305

I'm thinking it could be a remake. Either way, we should find out on Monday and hopefully with some screenshots or gameplay video.

Re:Driver 2010 7 years 5 months ago #9308

I was at my local newstands and the official Playstation Australia magazine had a preview of the upcoming Driver reboot. There's a much-touted feature called 'Shift' which allows you to hijack cars like an omniescent diety and switch vehicles multiple time throughout the pursuit while the AI takes over your previous car. Obviously they must have taken a few points from PSP's Pursuit Force, but it goes way beyond that. Although you still have Tanner's objectives, you inhabit the body of the driver in the different vehicle. An illustration they gave was that you may be racing along as Tanner, and then you suddenly jump to an elderly driver in a station wagon, for example. Once you start driving eratically, your side passenger wife complains about your driving. :lol:

If this sounds novel, it probably it is. But you have to give them points for trying to spice things up in a very tired genre. Besides, think of the car chase possibilities, now that you can control multiple vehicles consecutively throughout a pursuit! You could jump to a tanker ahead and cause a pile-up explosion, as is demonstrated in the spectacular E3 trailer just released on the official site (Or you can watch the embedded video below).

Welcome back, Tanner.

Oh, and it looks like it won't be just Tanner who will be making a return... ;)

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by thedriveintheatre.

No car damage? 7 years 5 months ago #9309

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
The cinematic teaser trailer was nice and the raytraced computer animation was good. The golden gate bridge sequence was destructive, fast, cartoony and some kind of trendy superhero confrontation came to my mind. I like that. It's about time to play Driver again.

I even like to have the collector edition box but as long as ubisoft do not announce any more extras (production diary, making of) I am not sure if I am going to pay 70€/80$ for a moderate looking figure. why one car? why not two cars perfoming a chase? where is tanner?

Before you preorder the game take a look at some ingame footage. I bet steering cars is well done and fun, but the visual appearance in this video is not what I expected. However the driving and steering of cars in this game look very good. Driver 1 set the benchmark here. I can't wait to play the new multiplayer-mode.

Driver: San Francisco - E3 2010 Walkthrough Video
Ingame footage with audio-comment of Martin Edmonson (Creative Director of the Driver series): ubitv.de.ubi.com/index.php?vid=2171

Watch carefully: The cars do not take any damage! Maybe it's the fact that this game doesn't contain fantasy cars anymore or the fact that this is "a very early preview" of the game.

Re:Driver 2010 7 years 5 months ago #9310

However the driving and steering of cars in this game look very good.
You can thank GTA4 for focusing on 'body roll' when turning with the Euphoria engine. :) But yes, I think Driver really pioneered video game vehicular physics (especially with regards to 'pitching' when landing after a jump from those San Fran hills).

Watch carefully: The cars do not take any damage!
Interestingly they cut away from head-on collisions in both the cinematic trailer and the E3 demo to the title cards. Hopefully they will at least include cosmetic damage, and not end up like another 'Test Drive Unlimited'.

The plot is a bit 'supernaturally' at the moment. Like 'Life on Mars' meets 'The Matrix'. But it is certainly very unique, although you have to wonder whether Jericho is also in the same situation and has the same powers as Tanner.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds