Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Split/Second

Split/Second 7 years 6 months ago #9298

There goes the neighbourhood...

Has anyone heard of this game or is excited about it?

It looks like Burnout and Mario Kart had babies and Michael Bay was the midwife! :P Not only is your car a weapon, but the entire environment as well. Building collapse, fuel tankers explode, and even a jumbo jet lands in the middle of the racetrack! :shock: It's eye-popping, wanton destruction, and you have to drive right through the thick of it! And it's by Disney Interactive of all people, and rated E10+ for Violence (not Cartoon Violence, just Violence!). Talk about intense...

What do you think? The next best thing since Stuntman or Burnout with buildings?

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Split/Second 7 years 6 months ago #9299

I've been playing this a lot recently, and am loving it. The hollywood influence is perfect for us car chase fanatics. I received an advanced copy of the game to review as well which was published this week if anyone is interested:

gamerlimit.com/2010/06/gamer-limit-review-splitsecond-velocity/
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Star Wars Fanatic.

Re:Split/Second 7 years 6 months ago #9303

Excellent review, SWF/Martin! Tell me, how did you get signed up to write for that online gaming site? Do you get paid or are you a volunteer? I ask this because I'm interested in pursuing a career in journalism and online blogging is one of the avenues I'm considering. :)

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Re:Split/Second 7 years 6 months ago #9306

Sadly it's on a voluntary basis for now, but I sometimes receive review copies like I did with Split/Second. Like you, I am also hoping to pursue a career out of it so I am trying to build a portfolio.

Re:Split/Second 7 years 5 months ago #9313

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
I played Split/Second too. The graphics are impressive and contain a lot of explosions. Cars only take visual damage when they explode. I played Pure some time ago. It's from the same studio. Both games have one thing in common: You have to spend a lot of time in menues to skip to the next menue, to say ok, to klick on next, wait again until you can play the next level. I didn't like that very much. Unskippable things in games are annoying.
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by heavymett.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds