Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Stuntman:Ignition

Stuntman:Ignition 10 years 4 months ago #5119

• dhopkins
I stopped playing the first stuntman game because honestly, it sucked. It was an exercise in frustration. When I saw the demo for Stuntman:Ignition on XboxLive, I didnt download it for a while because I remembered how bad the first game was. But I was pleasantly surprised when I finally did get the demo. It's pretty good. Its not nearly as frustrating as the first game and the scenes are a lot more cinematic.

The game reminds me of the final stunt in Hooper.. in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they had thier own version of that stunt in the final game.

D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stuntman:Ignition 10 years 4 months ago #5121

• cb2001
  • Junior Boarder
I actually saw a printed ad for it at Gamestop earlier today. By the way it looked, they were drawing influences from various movies (one of the vehicles on the poster was a '67 Mustang GT500 like Eleanor from the "Gone in 60 Seconds" remake).

Re: Stuntman:Ignition 10 years 4 months ago #5123

I was actually quite a fan of the first Stuntman, mainly because it was developed by the creators of the Driver series, Reflections, which meant it was the first title of that generation to come from this developer before Driv3r. Whilst it was indeed painfully frustrating at times, I still enjoyed it and the references to various existing movie car chases was a joy.

As for Stuntman Ignition, the developer has changed so I am not quite as excited, since the handling has apparentlly turned more arcadey but less frustrating as a result. Unfortunately for me, the PS3 version is delayed until October whereas the 360 version is out this month :shock:
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds