Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Italian Job - 2003 -

The Italian Job - 2003 - 10 years 4 months ago #5099

• steamer
  • Expert Boarder
This is a game I became familiar with, on the NGC platform. Also available on PS2 and X-Box.

I won't bore you with a review, there's plenty out there. One thing missing from the reviews, however, is my favourite part of the game. After you have unlocked every car, you have a new option in free-roam ... pursuit on!

Choose any vehicle and get into an all out, bumper smashing chase with the police. There can be as many as four cops on you at any given time. Choose your car wisely, Grasshopper. I've found the rental car to be a worthy opponent. I ran the screws for over 12 minutes once in the rental car. And because the GameCube goes through the VCR, I actually taped that chase. I remember playing it back for friends and getting some huge laughs, and ... unbelievably, even some ooh's and one a'hh! :P

It's just a great car chase scenario! In regular free-roam you can try to jump from the car carrier ramp and stick a landing on the roof of a moving city bus. I've gotten up there in good form, but can't seem to shut 'er down in time. Choose the 5-ton truck and see if you can roll it over back on to its wheels, and then keep going. I've read that you can actually jump into the side window of the bus and subsequently be driven all over town. Hahaa.

No pedestrians or gun-play in this game, if you're looking for something to play with the kids! It's a fun game.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The Italian Job - 2003 - 10 years 4 months ago #5101

I've never been able to play this version of The Italian Job, but I have however played the original which was a fantastic game for its time. Playing the getaway mission was an absolute joy! Hopefully the modern version can be put onto IGCD :wink:

Re: The Italian Job - 2003 - 10 years 4 months ago #5109

• cb2001
  • Junior Boarder
I've heard this thing got a bad review from X-Play back when they reviewed it (Adam pretty said that all it appeared to be was a constant ad for Mini Cooper).
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds