Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Alcatraz Bullitt chase

Alcatraz Bullitt chase 5 years 8 months ago #9743

The season finale for TV series Alcatraz featured a surprise for car chase fans with its modern homage to Bullitt, featuring the modern equivilant of the Mustang (the new 2013 model) and Charger.

While it's less than 3 minutes long, there are plenty of details still intact such as the recurring VW Beetle, hill jumps and even the Mustang missing a turn and having to reverse. A must watch!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Alcatraz Bullitt chase 5 years 8 months ago #9744

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
What? No malfunctioning horn at the end?

Re:Alcatraz Bullitt chase 5 years 8 months ago #9745

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
hey, this is a really nice car chase find!
I watched it several times and like to share some thoughts.
A very good example to play car chase science and activate some discussion (or not).
;)

The green beetle appears two have a teleporter: The first time the car appears at 0:39 as oncoming traffic and later at 1:27 it's traffic to overtake. This beetle does not have the slightest chance to catch up with a charger or a mustang to get this far from it's first appearance.

I also thought about the jumps. They are small. There was a time I jumped these streets virtually in Driver and the best jumps have been those that reached the next streetlevel without crashing on the street between and without losing speed. It's crazy to think about how to film such stunts in real but I think you can do more with that kind of streets than quoting a better car chase movie.

The last scene reveals that the final stunt and its direct initiation was filmed on two different days at two different locations. The wheater, the light and even the street changes in the moment you see first pictures of the flipping car. You can see that at 1:52. The street with white houses changes into a street with red ones, shadows disappear...
:roll:

However, it's not a bad one but a car chase with obvious inconsistencies and lack of new ideas.
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by heavymett.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds