Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MOVIE CAR SALES SITE

MOVIE CAR SALES SITE 6 years 8 months ago #9561

i get on car sales sites such as CLASSICAUTOTRADER.COM all the time. while on this site , i found another site called VALOCARS.COM, they have a collection of about three hundred cars of various makes and models. they have a movie car section with a few vehicles from different movies. they have four cars from the FAST AND FURIOUS movies. these are actual cars from the movies. most of them are priced really reasonable. there are three of the cars from THE GREAT RACE with TONY CURTIS and JACK LEMMON. a promotion car from CORVETTE SUMMER is on there too. it amazes me how cheap these cars are after the movie first comes out. the cars from AMERICAN GRAFITTI sold for $1800.00 dollars, right after it was released. they are worth a fortune now. imagine how many got scrapped after they were used in a couple of movies. the studio's wouldn't sale them for insurance reasons for many years due to heavy modification of cars to work in the movie. i used to see a lot of restoration stories on the older movie cars. i guess they are not beening found like they used to. there are sites dedicated to movie cars such as the '55 chevrolet from TWO LANE BLACKTOP that went on to AMERICAN GRAFITTI, it was still owned by a man from canada, here recently. i think just about everyone owns a GENERAL LEE from the DUKES OF HAZZARD.i will let you know when i find more.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds