Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I can't read this japanese car chase movie poster

Re:I can't read this japanese car chase movie poster 7 years 1 month ago #9445

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
I haven't seen any of the above mentioned movies yet but I found a really cool car chase on youtube of an asian movie from 1981 I can't read the name cause it's all written in kanji letters. It's a 9 minute chase worth to watch. my favourite part is the carjump at 3:40.

電影--追女仔--飛車撞亞比安片段

Is this movie in the database?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:I can't read this japanese car chase movie poster 7 years 1 month ago #9446

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
After a little research, I think the movie might be called Zhui nu zi (1981) aka Courting a Girl or Chasing Girls. I simply copied the Kanji script and pasted it onto Google search. It took me to this page hk.cnmdb.com/title/3324/ which I think is a Chinese equivalent of the IMDB. And yes, that's a very funny chase scene! It should be added immediately.

Re:I can't read this japanese car chase movie poster 6 years 1 week ago #9710

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Over the course of the year I hunted down some Japanese movies:

SHADOWS on the HIGHWAY is from the early seventies and is more of a roadmovie with beautiful japanese landscapes as our main character drives through nearly half of Japan. carchase wise there is only one small chase with 3 cars involved that only lasts for 5 minutes, so real car chase fans don't need this one.
HAIRPIN CIRCUS from 1972 is more like an artfilm about some streetracers lead by a woman. theres some Macao GrandPrix footage but the masterpiece comes at the end of the movie with a chase scene that lasts for at least 30 minutes.The scene is shot at night underlaid by a groovy jazzy soundtrack, the actors rarely speak and the nightshots on deserted japanese cityroads are very cool. Only downpoint is the chase is more like a race there's hardly any contact and at the end one car crashes and that's it. But for the general "flow" of this early 70's movie and the length of the caraction I would recommend it.
VIOLENT PANIC aka The BIG CRASH is from 1976 and sort of a gangster film with ironic scenes about a "modern" society getting more violent. There's a T-Bone Crash at the beginning of the movie but the real chase scene comes at the end and lasts for nearly 20 minutes with around 10 old beefy japanese cars smashed up to pieces in a somewhat violent and chaotic scene.This must be something like one of the most destructive japanese car movies.
So for all you guys interested I would recommend Violent Panic and Hairpin Circus to add to your (Old School) Archives.

I can't read this japanese car chase movie poster 1 year 10 months ago #11503

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
Yesterday I received a newsletter...
Seems that you can order the movie Oretachi ni haka wa nai here:
www.japanesesamuraidvd.com/.sc/ms/dd/ee/...%201979%20Remastered

I can't read this japanese car chase movie poster 1 year 5 months ago #11509

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Someone from Japan has uploaded tons of japanese old school chases from 70's and 80's. 5 Parts in all. Please check it out . Great stuff
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds