Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: cars that drive inside of the building

cars that drive inside of the building 7 years 5 months ago #9312

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
Hi there,

I always look out for foreign movies that contain some car action and recently watched two that have something in common: cars that drive inside of a building.

Banlieue 13 Ultimatum (F 2009, aka District 13: Ultimatum)
There is a car stunt sequence in this french action movie. Two guys fight security guards in a police building. Then they jump out of the window, then they jump into a car, then they jump with the car back into the building and then they jump with the car out of the building and escape.

Day Watch (RUS 2006)
This is a very imaginative russian vampire movie. There is a sequence in this movie with a women that drives vampirely fast to get to a meeting. She jumps at the builing with her car, she takes the building like it was a banked corner and enters the corridor through a window.

There is also a car chase in this movie. Some motorcycles chase a yellow vampire hunter truck. The chase ends with a massive head-on collision between two trucks. This movie premiered at the german fantasy filmfest 2007.

I have seen such locations a few times. I remember only a few movies where vehicles drive a certain distance inside of buildings: 2012, Blues Brothers, Tank (1984, James Garner)

I bet there are more movies that have cars driving inside of buildings...
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by heavymett.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:cars that drive inside of the building 7 years 5 months ago #9314

Great topic, heavymett!

I haven't seen Banlieu 13 Ultimatum but I liked the Viper chase in Daywatch (I actually stayed at the Cosmo hotel before, so it was a bit surreal seeing a car driving along its side on-screen). Technically the Viper isn't a chase, and it was outside of the building, but it was an imaginative sequence.

Other outside-building sequences can be found in Ultraviolet and Ghost Rider.

One of my all-time favourite chases is Lethal Weapon 4, and it features a funny 'drive-through-a-building' sequence that I never get tired of. The sight of Mel egging Danny to keep up with the triad car travelling parallel to them was both hilarious and surreal, as are the spectacular leaps into and out of the skyscraper.

The best car chases don't just feature two vehicles racing or escaping each other, they tell a story through the drivers' reactions (Ex. Blues Brothers, Death Proof, Bourne Supremacy, The Rock, any of the Lethal Weapon chases).

Also check out Cradle 2 The Grave and Final Contract: Death on Delivery. :)

*EDIT* If you like car chase video games, you should play Stuntman (the first one on PS2) and The Wheelman. Apparently they have missions where you get to drive through an office block like LW4 and B13:U. ;)

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by thedriveintheatre.

on the inside 6 years 3 months ago #9675

two movies that come to mind are THE DRIVER with RYAN ONEILwhen he destroys the car for his audition as the wheelmam. i wasn't wild over the car but sheer destruction of any car upsets me. GONE IN 60 SECONDS with NICHOLAS CAGE had the crashing chase when PHONEIX was stealing the HUMMER from the parkibg garage and pushes the cops over the side. oh yeah, COBRA, with SLYVESTER STALLONE, had thr tear jerking moment when he jumped over the side rail after the other car below. i love DODGEs but i have a soft spot for MERCURYs. that was another car i was tore up over.t know there are more movies than this.

on the inside 6 years 3 months ago #9676

two movies that come to mind are THE DRIVER with RYAN ONEILwhen he destroys the car for his audition as the wheelmam. i wasn't wild over the car but sheer destruction of any car upsets me. GONE IN 60 SECONDS with NICHOLAS CAGE had the crashing chase when PHONEIX was stealing the HUMMER from the parkibg garage and pushes the cops over the side. oh yeah, COBRA, with SLYVESTER STALLONE, had thr tear jerking moment when he jumped over the side rail after the other car below. i love DODGEs but i have a soft spot for MERCURYs. that was another car i was tore up over.t know there are more movies than this.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds