Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Armored

Armored 7 years 8 months ago #9248

I'm surprised that this film has been overlooked in the 8th Annual Varaces Awards, seeing it's had a 2009 release. I watched it in Singapore a month ago, and the chase was pretty good.

Matt Dillon goes after Columbus Short, both in armoured trucks, as they race around an abandoned warehouse. Some nifty vehicular control, seeing as these are heavy vehicles weaving around steel beams and stacks of wood. There's also mini-chase at the end where Dillon attempts to run down Short, but misses and the truck flies off a cliff and turns turtle in a sinkhole.

At least it has had an entry as a recent addition to the database.

Here's the trailer, in case anyone hasn't seen it.

Anyone seen this, and what's your opinion?

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Armored 7 years 8 months ago #9251

I watched "Armored" last night and I agree on the chase material. I guess since it wasn't given too big of a release, certain movies fall under the radar. But, car chase wise, "Armored" delivers. It's hard to stage a car chase between two identical armored trucks without getting confused about who's in what truck. There's some really great stunt driving here and the ending crash in both chases is spectacular. "Armored" is now available on DVD and Blu-Ray so I suggest everybody check it out, not only for some great driving but it's a great action film as well.
armored-20100319.jpg
Attachments:
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by n_easter12345.

Re:Armored 7 years 8 months ago #9254

Too bad it didn't get nominated. I would have given it a look.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds