Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Remember the Chase, but not the Movie title...

Remember the Chase, but not the Movie title... 9 years 10 months ago #5601

So this has been killing me for a month or two now and I haven't been able to remember the name of the movie this car chase is from. It was made probably within the last 15 years or so and I believe it was a heist movie.

So this group of criminals get together and they need a getaway driver for their heist. The one leader guy goes out and gets the guy, and the rest of the crew reluctantly accepts him as their driver.

Driver goes out, steals a BMW (convertible, i think) and pretends to be driving drunk, heckling some cops outside of a police station. He bumps into their car with his, and chase ensures.

Car chase goes on, I think it takes place in LA, he goes through LAX airspace to lose the chase helicopter.

Throws mud-filled balloons or something at cops windshields so they can't see. Eventually, goes under a tractor trailer/semi/18 wheeler (semi's going east bound, he's going north), ducks, and loses the windshield. Just as he's about to get away, cop lays down spikes and he's toast.

ANY ideas??? This has been killing me. Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Remember the Chase, but not the Movie title... 9 years 10 months ago #5604

That's a tough one versatilewt. Would the film be amongst this imdb search results list for the keywords car chase and helicopter?

Re: Remember the Chase, but not the Movie title... 9 years 10 months ago #5610

carcrashking wrote:
That's a tough one versatilewt. Would the film be amongst this imdb search results list for the keywords car chase and helicopter?

No luck, I've been trying to use that the past two ways, all different ways I could imagine. The problem is google gets filled with actual car chase topics, and I think I'm being too specific. It's possible I'm melting two different car chases/premises together, though I really don't think so. I've even tried searching movie scripts, haha.

I know the chase starts with the driver intentionally heckling officers outside of a police station pretending to be drunk, intentionally drives into their parked cruiser, and then the chase starts. I'm also 99% sure there's the scene where he drives under a semi/tractor trailer going perpendicular and loses the top of the car. And I know it ends with spike strips, and happens during the daytime.

Re: Remember the Chase, but not the Movie title... 9 years 9 months ago #5616

This is a long shot but could it be No Deposit, No Return (1976)? The varaces entry mentions something about a car roof being torn off during the car chase.

Some pics from the film can be seen at Disney's DVD review.

Re: Remember the Chase, but not the Movie title... 9 years 9 months ago #5622

Figured it out. Turns out it wasn't a movie, it was a TV show.

Specifically: Heist (Episode 2, 2006, NBC)

The recap 3rd last paragraph, matches perfectly. Thanks for the help. If you're interested:

[url:5ids16o0]www.tv.com/heist/sex-lies-and-vinny-momo...de/632753/recap.html[/url]

Re: Remember the Chase, but not the Movie title... 9 years 9 months ago #5623

Glad you finally identified the film, versatilewt. Gotta ask: was the chase any good?
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds