Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ALERT: MOVIES ON

Re: ALERT: MOVIES ON 8 years 10 months ago #7898

• ukduke
  • Junior Boarder
Family Plot's car chase is a little 'rear-projection happy',but there are some great POV shots of various cars,lorries and a motorcycle gang (!) all speeding towars our heroes out-of-control car as it speeds unctonrollably down a twisty mountain road.
It's no rival to Bullitt, but IMO it's still a lot of fun,nerve-wracking and comical (at the same time) and directed in that true Hitchcock style.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Family Plot 8 years 10 months ago #7900

Just watched Family Plot (1976) and it doesn't seem that the sequence in question is technically a car chase. The scene consists of a Mustang speeding down a hill after its breaks have been cut, yet there is no pursuing or pursued vehicles involved other than that.

Don't know what Hitchcock was thinking about using rear screen projection throughout the film. Surely by 1976 this technique was widely perceived as unrealistic and old fashioned...

On the plus side, the film starred William Devane who is amongst my favorite character actors, and has certainly deserved more lead roles.

Re: ALERT: MOVIES ON 8 years 4 months ago #9110

car movies have been all over the place lately. VANISHING POINT is back on fox movie channel. FAST AND FURIOUS1 AND 3 are on TNT, a turner channel, most of the time. this is due to the new movie being out on dvd now. my son, 8 years old now, and me watched part of a real good movie the other night. it was called HIPS, HIPS, HOORAY[34] starring ROBERT WOOLSEY, BURT WHEELER, RUTH ETTING, and THELMA TODD among many others. two con artists find a satchel of prototype lipsticks and claim that they are theirs. along the way, the bag is switched with another filled with stocks and bonds. two cops chase them into a cross country car rally. the cosmetics firm they were working for just so happens to have a car in the race. GET THIS, it is a early thirties? BUGATTI two seater racing special, black and gorgeous. i know it's black but it's not a DODGE. there are about twenty or more other race cars of the era that are shown briefly. yes,there is a chase, the two cops are in a '32 FORD PHAETON, four door convertible, chasing the BUGATTI across the country on a lot of dirt roads ending on a dirt track somewhere. i didn't get to pay a lot of attention at the time. i hope to record it sometime soon. it is a very well done RKO RADIO studio film, they spent some money here, with a great cast and plot. my son enjoyed it a lot and that is a really big endorsement for a movie. summer always brings out the car movies if not car chases. the TRANSPORTER movies are playing right now too. you just have to catch them .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds