Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ALERT: MOVIES ON

ALERT: MOVIES ON 9 years 10 months ago #5596

DIRECTV [usa], maybe elsewhere, check yours out;has a channel called the "101" that is showing car movies this month. it is on channels "101" and "334" at different times, so check your guides. the three movies are "GRAND THEFT AUTO", DEATH RACE 2000", and "EAT MY DUST". they are not commerical free, when do you get to see these movies regularly."GTA" is the RON HOWARD movie about two people stealing her dad's ROLLS ROYCE to go to LAS VEGAS to get married. it's not the best movie but has it's moments. "DR2000" is the DAVID CARRADINE future racing movie about violence. it gets carried away but is good at times. the third and best is "EAT MY DUST", it's RON HOWARD again, sheriff's son steals a 67 or 68 CHEVROLET CAMARO dirt track stock car, this is up your alley, CARLO, and goes on a joyride with his goofy friends and girlfriend. it's mostly them being chased by the police and a dirt track racing posse, who are mostly drunk. it's mostly pretty clownish like most car movies of the time. well worth watching thou. all three are good in their own way. they play all three movies in a row, so you don't have to wait.i found these surfing the channels one night by mistake. my next movie is on the CHILLER channel "channel257" on DIRECTV. it is "PHANTASM 4, OBLIVION, this is the 4th movie of the series featuring a beautiful black BARRACUDA. i haven't seen this one yet but the others were good. the first two are real good, buy them if you find them. the basic idea is a funeral home owner is shrinking people into little zombies through some alien process?. the cool part is the flying metal ball thats has drills and saws buried inside it to kill people. it is the coolest to me, the chinese puzzle box in HELLRAISER is a close second. the star is the beautifully restored BARRACUDA, i'm mostly a CHEVROLET man, with a leaning towards DODGE, but this is nice no matter what you like.it is showing SUNDAY 2/10/08 at 3:00 to 5:00 pm est, check your listings for future dates. i'm going to watch it today. i hope this helps ya'll. i got to go get ready, my 6 year old son is getting baptized today. he really enjoyed "EAT MY DUST" last night. i was a little older when i saw it at the drive in theater. i love it when we can enjoy the same things together like this. bye bye, ya'll.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SCARY TRUCKS 9 years 7 months ago #5746

i was surfing the channels again the other day and found the movie "TRUCKS". this was on the CHILLER channel [257?] on DIRECTV [usa]. i'm starting to watch this channel a lot lately. it shows all types of horror films, all years and genres. i haven't watched this movie yet but it's in the database. it looks to be a MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE rip off. i ride about 70 to 80 miles a day with overloaded tractor trailers hauling coal in all 4 lanes of rt. 23, so this isn't scary or out of the norm for me. i played "chicken" with one of them, one day. he about freaked out because a car was lined up down the center line of the highway with him. let's say he moved. my buddy was driving a truck behind him and was listening on his cb radio. the guy didn't know what to think or do, i still get a laugh whenever he tells me the story.

Re: ALERT: MOVIES ON 9 years 7 months ago #5747

Great story supercharger. You must have some nerve if you've played chicken with a tractor trailer!

HILLBILLY GENIUS 9 years 7 months ago #5755

no, it doesn't take a lot of nerve, just some road rage and stupidity. i also knew what the trucker's reaction would be. insurance on those trucks is skyhigh.by the way kids, don't never try this at home. big trucks are not to be played with.chase movies seem to be all over the channels here lately. i watched the last ten minutes of DIRTY MARY, CRAZY LARRY, last sunday. it's one of those movies, you just have to watch. i have the SUPERCHARGER EDITION of the dvd, i got for christmas. if you don't have it, buy it. it's well worth it.i had a free movie weekend and watched DEJA VU with DENZEL WASHINGTON. this was a big suprise. this was a good movie on many fronts. the plot, the acting, and the chase scence was pretty good.this is definitely worth renting or buying for that matter. there was a lot going on but it was slow enough that you could figure it out just before it happened, the ending was predictible but still exciting. pay attention to all the little details, if you watch this movie. i'll shut up now. i just wanted to say CONGRADULATIONS to DANICA PATRICK on winning her first INDY race. it is long over due, but not by her fault.i was watching that race but changed over to the NASCAR race in MEXICO, which was not that exciting.silly me.this is a first but i don't believe it will be her last. GO DANICA!

Rare screening on UK TV 8 years 10 months ago #7895

• frank b
  • Fresh Boarder
Alfred Hitchcock's final film, "Family Plot" is being shown on UK TV (ITV1 Thurs 5th Feb) for the first time in 10 years. I've not seen the film but apparently it contains a car chase (albeit one film against a back screen).

Finally caught up with National Treasure 2 last week, and enjoyed the London chase. I don't remember any others featuring a black cab.

Re: ALERT: MOVIES ON 8 years 10 months ago #7897

Thanks for the heads up about Family Plot on ITV Frank B. I had an eye on that too to record and see what's the car chase is like.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds