Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Crash! (1977)

Re: Crash! (1977) 10 years 1 week ago #5402

I heard that Strange Shadows in an Empty Room/Blazing Magnum has also had a German DVD release - what is it with these lesser known movies getting exclusive German releases? Nevertheless, Crash has been a chase movie that has intrigued me before and would be interested in finally viewing it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Crash! (1977) 10 years 1 week ago #5403

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
I remember buying the Strange Shadows DVD , the cover was the right one but the film was a total different movie with no chases, I threw it in the Trashcan :?
Ladies and Gentlemen, I ordered CRASH 10 minutes ago at Amazon- germany, the movie's called DRACULAS TODESRENNEN (Draculas Deathrace) and it costs 10 euros. I got the last copy , sorry guys :oops:
It's still available at other distros on the net.
Hopefully I will have the same chance to hunt down Los Ratas Del Asfalto?...

Re: Crash! (1977) 10 years 1 week ago #5404

Let us know how Crash stacks up, CARLO. If it is worthwhile then I may consider a purchase myself.

Re: Crash! (1977) 10 years 1 week ago #5405

• adri
  • Platinum Boarder
Los Ratas Del Asfalto? that's spnish, what is it? a spanish movie about cars? pretty doubt it, maybe south american?

Re: Crash! (1977) 10 years 1 week ago #5406

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Si Senior, Los Ratas del Asfalto, a mexican movie check the other Subject in
'On the Screen' for this movie Adri. Any infos about this movie would be appreciated.

CRASH ! 10 years 4 days ago #5424

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
I got Crash! (1977) yesterday. The story is a bit weird, mixing elements fom Horror movies (the Exorcist,The Car, Lucio Fulci movies) and car destruction movies from that period ( Moving Violation, The Junkman..)
The Story is about a husband who sits in a wheelchair after his wife caused the accident while driving. The husband now is a bitter man who tries to kill her. The first attempt fails and she's in hospital and lost her memory . A day before, she bought a strange looking voodoo talisman on a swapmeet and now while in hospital, the Talisman in her hand seeks revenge and takes control of her black Camaro to ram and kill people on the streets and finally kill her Husband as well. Well, that's the plot in a short description and ahem
please remember that it is a 70's B-movie so the story is not very complex.
The DVD release seems to be a direct copy from video so the quality is not that great and it has a few bruises and scratches, Grindhouse-style. The Soundtrack is cool, if you like that period filmmusic-style with funky wahwah-guitars and cool jazzy basslines.
Now to the car action: The star is a black 68 Camaro convertible with sidepipes and maybe a BigBlock 'cos the engine sounds terrific!
Well the car-action is always the same, the black Camaro runs driverless on some lonely California backroads and then rams and crashes innocent people off the road. Every cliché and stunt from the mid-70's Stuntshows is performed , the barrelroll; the T-Bone crash; the flythrough a billboard or a wooden house on a truck,the break through a police barrier...you can imagine the rest.. Off course typically, half of the cars blow up in an explosion after the crash. The stunts are well performed but being a typically 70's B-movie you easily can imagine how a stunt ends...
The landscape and the carcrashes reminded me best of the movies Moving Violation or the Junkman;around 40 cars are destroyed but half of them policecars... Well all in all a curiosity movie I would only recommend for the old school destruction fans or maybe horror/fantasy fans looking for obscure Trashmovies.. I will submit it to the database.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds