Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Car chase commercials

MORE EXAMPLES 10 years 9 months ago #4675

There are some nice crash commercials on the All State website too. The Fiat ad was sweet. Here's more ads for your enjoyment:

Ford Mustang Shelby GT: Having a very NFS-Most-Wanted style, the ending of this car chase has a very neat twist.

Chevy Impala: Another cool car chase ad with a twist in the end.

Diet Pepsi: The man from the East who has starred in more car chases than any of his peers takes on a movie for his client, Diet Pepsi. It's surprising that Pepsi had the chutzpah to diss it biggest competitor, but the results are hilarious.

Marvin Window and Doors: A BMW and Chrysler go through every car chase cliche till they come to a plate glass window...ignore anything else after 00:15, the chase doesn't actually finish.

VW Passat: Another chase without a resolution. Nevertheless, it's tons of fun while it lasts as three cops choose a citizen's Passat to go after a criminal...there are also Passat and Jetta safety ads where the characters, upon surviving a catastrophic crash, utter the word "Holy..." with the ensuing word quickly censored. Check them out.

Rapala Fishing Lures: An unlikely suspect makes a quick getaway...

Holden Captiva: Holdens get tons of airtime in Australia, but that's not bad cos' their ads tend to be very creative. This is not exactly a car chase, but it parodies what is fast becoming a cliche...driving on and off the rooftops of buildings. Republica's music in the background is the icing on the cake.

La Buenos Aires: I've saved the best for last. The longest and funniest chase of this list, this is also probably the slowest car chase ever filmed! This is also the only ad (besides the Captiva) that I've seen on TV, a few years ago in fact, and it was a delight to see it on the web again. Side-splitting Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid ending...simply wicked! :lol:

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Car chase commercials 10 years 9 months ago #4679

Speed- *Bump* (or as the Brits call it, a road hump)

Any comments or more examples? :?:

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Re: Car chase commercials 10 years 9 months ago #4680

• mongoose91
  • Fresh Boarder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQR08JW-Wu0
A well known one out here, not really a car chase, but a 1974 Holden Kingswood crashing into things. There is a later version featuring a man driving his 1994 Holden Commodore through a series of unbelieaveable obstacles undamaged and then getting rear ended by a learner driver. Very funny commercial. I will see if i can find or upload it on youtube soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlAEbqIkoUY
An ad from 2002 with the release of the BA falcon, this is the four wheel drive ute (utility or pickup as you people call it) showing is off road capabilities.

Re: Car chase commercials 10 years 9 months ago #4685

• steamer
  • Expert Boarder
CARLO wrote:
By the way did you know that his son Michel Julienne has taken over the business now.?

I did not know that. Isn't there also a Dominique Julienne? I thought he was the oldest boy. I've never been able to find a link to Remy's stunt team.

Great commercials, AndreTeh! The fishing lures one was funny ... "He got away!" LOL. The 'La Buenos Aries' one was classic. So funny. In drama class, eons ago, me and a bud did that scene from Butch Cassidy ... I got to do the Redford line ... "I can't swim." Thanks for the links!

Re: Car chase commercials 10 years 8 months ago #4692

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Hell... tons of commercials and thank god for YouTube. I liked the Shelby - one and the Australian Ute one. Always a sucker for cool australian cars.
And Steamer...I saw a show on tv about stuntschools featuring Michel Julienne, could be that there is a Dominique as well somewhere?.... The world needs more Julienne's anyway :wink:

Re: Car chase commercials 10 years 8 months ago #4694

• steamer
  • Expert Boarder
CARLO wrote:
And Steamer...I saw a show on tv about stuntschools featuring Michel Julienne, could be that there is a Dominique as well somewhere:

Howdy CARLO,

Indeed. Any of you folk ever watch "Stuntmasters?" I used to watch it, and tape it, early 90's. It seemed every week, there was a new stunt from the Julienne camp. Remy did some great commercials.

'Stuntmasters' also featured Remy's kids on occasion. I may have the spelling wrong but I think Dominic ... Dominique ... is the oldest.

Do any of you remember the car ad where cars were jumping over each other on a bridge? Leap frog style? I saw it on Youtube once and I can't find it now. It was a Remy Julienne commercial.

Later, car chase aficionado's!
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds