Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Devil Dared Me To (NZ 2007)

The Devil Dared Me To (NZ 2007) 10 years 10 months ago #4568

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
[size=200:3au3xf9i]The Devil Dared Me To[/size]
[size=150:3au3xf9i]New Zealand 2007[/size]
Car stunts, wrecks, fire and destruction. Can't wait to see that flick!
Wolrd Premiere in Austin, Texas, March 9-17, 2007.
www.devildaredmeto.com (Trailer!)

> Watch Trailer on YouTube !

[size=150:3au3xf9i]Rocket-Car Jump[/size]
I spotted a tribute to a famous stunt attempt in the trailer. The rocket car and the huge ramp. Such a stunt has been performed by the Canadian daredevil Kenny Powers. Evel Knievel once did such a stunt either. Watch Kenny Powers stunt on YouTube.
> Kenny Powers - Hot Rod Lincold Car Jump

[size=150:3au3xf9i]YouTube Playlist "Stuntmasters" by heavymett[/size]
The are a few more stuntmen that actually live the daredevil life. Some of the most popular ones are Spanky Spangler, Tommy "Trubble" McTague, Brian "King of Crash" Carson, Ray "Rays Hell" Baumann and others. I put together a playlist for YouTube with stunts of these guys. Click here and watch all clips of Stuntmasters:
> Play Stuntmasters
The administrator has disabled public write access.

HOT ROD 10 years 10 months ago #4572

Wow, that was hilarious! Kinda reminded me of Talladega Nights, but for daredevils, with all that tongue-in-cheek slapstick violence. That looked like one big ramp... :shock:
Another stunt performer flick set to hit screens too is Hot Rod. It looks to be inspired by Evel Knievel's attempted Snake River Canyon jump. :)

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Re: The Devil Dared Me To (NZ 2007) 10 years 10 months ago #4586

heavymett - thanks for tip on The Devil Dared Me To - the trailer was great - and for the youtube car stunts which were amazing.

Re: The Devil Dared Me To (NZ 2007) 10 years 10 months ago #4589

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back Heavymett. Cool Stuntmen-stuff and cool trailer. Seems that 2007 will become a good year for Stuntmen-movies.

update 10 years 4 months ago #5106

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
The makers of The Devil dared me to tour through Europe with their movie. In Germany you can watch the movie at the Fantasy Filmfest that takes place in the first half of august.

http://www.fantasyfilmfest.com/

AndreTeh mentioned it already. There is another movie that seems to recognize that Ninjas and Pirates are out and that it's time to agree that Auto-Daredevils and Stuntmen are en vogue ;) Trailers are online. I don't expect a car chase and it seems it has nothing to do with Hot Rod (1950) or Hot Rod (1979) Last one was already mentioned here in this forum.

[size=200:21vj8tej]Hot Rod[/size]
[size=150:21vj8tej]USA 2007[/size]
Daredevil / Cyclejumper / Stuntman Comedy. Sounds familiar...
http://www.hotrodmovie.com/ (Trailer!)

Re: The Devil Dared Me To (NZ 2007) 9 years 7 months ago #5759

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Finally saw 'the devil dared me to'. Funny movie, pretty hilareous and over the top but as far as automotive action there are only two small stuntscenes with a carjump into a caravan..very poor for a film about a stuntman if you ask me...and the New Zealand Stockcar racing scenes last for like 15 seconds if you count them all together... don't even know if this movie is worth including into the database.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds