Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Transformers

Re: Transformers 10 years 5 months ago #5055

Yeah, I agree on the crappy plot and yes, GM was a huge sponsor (there's an entire website on the Autobots from them), along with Mountain Dew, X-Box and Furby :lol: , but I felt the transformation sequences and action scenes were excellent and oozing coolness. It's Michael Bay, for Pete's sake! At least it wasn't as bad (shaky handycam) as Bourne Supremacy. But yeah, I agree they should have fleshed out the robots more (wait, robots don't have flesh...oxymoron).
Anyway, I'm always up for a sequel. It was so cool that at my screening we got surveys where we fill in our opinions, like a test audience. I generally gave positive comments, crossed my fingers this is the start of a huge franchise!
dhopkins, is Die Hard better than Transformers? How were the chase scenes? I'm considering whether to watch it, it generally got good reviews too... :)

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Transformers 10 years 5 months ago #5060

• dhopkins
Die Hard is a lot better than the Transformers. It has a couple of short chases. Lots of stunt work. Lots of explosions. Good characters. I'd say it's a must see.

D

Re: Transformers 10 years 5 months ago #5061

I say are both must see.I didnt see diehard yet but im sure its awsome.This is just my opinion.

Travis

Re: Transformers 10 years 5 months ago #5062

There was a point where both movies appeared in the top 250 of IMDB, but they have since slipped out and contain an average rating of 8.1 respectively.

Re: Transformers 10 years 4 months ago #5090

I have seen Transformers for myself now, and found it to be a typical Michael Bay affair. It reminded me in places of Pearl Harbour , particularly with the unengaging love storyline and epic climactic battle scene where the destruction on offer is almost incomprehensible. The transformations were also dazzling, and must have been hideously complicated to construct. Unfortunately, on the chase front, the film does not deliver merely including 2 short chases that fall flat. I remember finding the chase scene in The Island too short (once each vehicle has crashed it is practically over), but the main chase on offer in Transformers was even shorter again, and turns into an elaborate fight sequence as mentioned previously. A shame really, considering that Bay's chases have usually appealed so well.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds