Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Best Parking Garage Chase

Best Parking Garage Chase 11 years 3 weeks ago #4259

• leon
  • Fresh Boarder
It's been done so much it's almost a cliche but what are the best and most interesting car chases in parking garages you have all seen? The Driver, The Hunter or ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Best Parking Garage Chase 11 years 3 weeks ago #4260

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
There are some in Tomorrow Never Dies, Carpool, Cobra and Exit Wounds. Throttle (2005) appears to be an "undergroud Duel" movie. I haven't seen it so I can't say if there's a chase or not.

Re: Best Parking Garage Chase 11 years 3 weeks ago #4264

• adri
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi, i think the best one ive seen is the one mentioned by Prowler,tomorrow never dies, there are more such as No Man's Land for example and other japanesse ones like Bullet In The Head or The Killer, but they arent that good and the sceens in the parking are only few minutes long, anway, my favorite one is 007's one, but i think i prefere just few minutes of a chase being in a car park and the rest out of it as there arent many things to do in a car park, or at least as spectacular as in the outside :P , oh and Prowler, in Throttle there arent any car chases just on foot chases, well the SUV chasing the man but nothing more.

Other parking garage chases 11 years 3 weeks ago #4273

Hey, everyone! Yeah, parking garages are a popular setting for car chases. I'm sure you all know this already, but Tokyo Drift had a race in a carpark with the Japanese drift king unbelievably pulling his car up the spiral ramp. (Ironically, that scene was filmed in Hawthorne Plaza in California) The first chase in Bad Boys 2 also starts in a parking garage.
Multi-storey carparks are also useful for big leaps or spectacular falls. Besides Tomorrow Never Dies plunge through the car showroom (which I also particularly like), Transporter 2, Batman Begins and The Accidental Spy featured 2 rooftop jumps and a fall onto the pavement below respectively.

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

TANGO & CASH 10 years 10 months ago #4425

Dug through my old VCD collection and came across this title. Since this has not been mentioned, if you haven't heard of this Sly and Russell number, it's worth a look. There are three car chases throughout this buddy cop movie, one for Tango, one for Cash and the final showdown involving the both of them (in a perfect case of saving the best for last). Tango's chase is quite short, but it ends with a huge vehicle face-off in a homage to Jackie Chan's action classic, Police Story, similar to how Bad Boys 2 began its final Humvee chase in a rip-off from PS' hillside slum car chase. Cash's chase takes place in a parking lot, and it is a little longer and more eventful than Tango's, with some funny moments in between. The final chase has the two storming the bad guy's base in a tricked-out James-Bond-style SUV from hell, and is the best of the lot. A definite plus is that this spoof of odd-couple flicks and prison breakouts is packed with tons of great one-liners, so do check it out.

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds