Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Junkyards in movies

american junkyard 6 years 4 months ago #9643

i just got AMERICAN GRAFITTI for my birthday. PAUL LEMAT, MILNER, and MCKENZIE PHILLIPS, CAROL, walk through a junk yard. don't really know the purpose other than to show the junk yard maybe. my dvd is the new extended version with bonus material. there is a lot of production stories and interviews with the stars. the interviews with LUCAS and COPPOLA got to be a little too much, but had some insight. there is a part that shows them flipping the black '55 CHEVROLET, it brings tears to my eyes. it is one of my favorite cars.we got mine at WAL MART, but i'm sure it;s on AMAZON.COM and other internet outlets.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re mexican:Junkyard in movies 6 years 3 months ago #9673

i searched IMDB and i believe the movie was LOVE AND A .45 with PETER FONDA. there seemed to be wrecked or destroyed anerican vechiles throuugh out the movie, symbolism me thinks. it was a wild but very good movie. i need to watch it and GRAND THEFT PARSONS together again some night soon.i would love to own a junkyard, someday, but enviromental laws are getting stricter all the time. there may be ten junkyards in my area left,out of thirty or more. my older friend, who is gone now, had a "64 FORD wrecker that pulled many a stuck car out. another gone friend had a "78 INTERNATIONAL wrecker that he hand built from several vechiles and other parts. both of them kept different cars and trucks around at various times.i miss both of them a lot and regret that my son,WILL, will not get to know them.

Re mexican:Junkyard in movies 6 years 3 months ago #9674

i searched IMDB and i believe the movie was LOVE AND A .45 with PETER FONDA. there seemed to be wrecked or destroyed anerican vechiles throuugh out the movie, symbolism me thinks. it was a wild but very good movie. i need to watch it and GRAND THEFT PARSONS together again some night soon.i would love to own a junkyard, someday, but enviromental laws are getting stricter all the time. there may be ten junkyards in my area left,out of thirty or more. my older friend, who is gone now, had a "64 FORD wrecker that pulled many a stuck car out. another gone friend had a "78 INTERNATIONAL wrecker that he hand built from several vechiles and other parts. both of them kept different cars and trucks around at various times.i miss both of them a lot and regret that my son,WILL, will not get to know them.

Re: junkyard in movies 6 years 1 month ago #9688

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
Junkyards are weird places. I have been to one of those a few years ago searching parts for a Volkswagen. They let you enter the yard and charge you for your findings at the exit. Here's a aerial view that looks like it's 20 years old and here's a newer satellite view of the same place...

I just stumbled upon a junkyard in the 2011 movie Assassination Games. I took screenshots of the pan shot and put them together.

Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by heavymett. Reason: No Reason

Re: junkyard in movies 6 years 1 month ago #9690

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
Not striclty a junkyard in a movie but in a movie poster.

Wreckage IMDb-Page

I like to update this post with a picture of the junkyard of this flick.

The movie also contains a short actionless street race sequence.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by heavymett. Reason: updating
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds