Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Batmobile "Wonderful Toy" or Bat Guano?

New Batmobile "Wonderful Toy" or Bat Guano? 12 years 5 months ago #1921

• nokatay
  • Junior Boarder
Jack Nicholson as the Joker in "Batman" said "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

The original Batmobile based on the 1955 Lincoln Futura Concept Car was undeniably cool. Some facts and photos can be found here. http://www.1966batmobile.com/home.htm

The second Batmobile was bulky and reminded me a Bonneville Salt Flat racer, had fins and was OK, if just that. This latest incarnation is just too far out for me. The Batmobile is, after all, mainly used in Gotham, not in Bahrain. I think it should have been more Viper-like. Or come to think of it Cadillac has a more approriate design for the bat theme. What does everyone think about the new Batmobile? [/url]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Batmobile "Wonderful Toy" or Bat Guano? 12 years 5 months ago #1922

• Anonymous
Lamborghini meets SUV. I was thinking either a Prowler or just a plain Countach for the new batmobile. The way it's shaped and how it runs just chews away at the scenery.

Narrative Credibility 12 years 5 months ago #1923

In terms of a vehicle to be driven in the real world, then yes the last does not look as cool as the Lincoln Futura that the first was based upon. For that matter, not too many vehicles are going to look as great as that, especially when customised by James Barris.

However, at least in Batman Begins there is some attempt to narratively explain why the batmobile looks the way it does, and why it has the features it possesses, being a military prototype. In neither of the batmobile's earlier incarnations do we get the same extent of narrative motivation. For those reasons then, I find the batmobile in Batman Begins more credible, believable and better integrated in the film's story world.

Re: Narrative Credibility 12 years 4 months ago #2027

carcrashking wrote:
...in Batman Begins there is some attempt to narratively explain why the batmobile looks the way it does, and why it has the features it possesses, being a military prototype. In neither of the batmobile's earlier incarnations do we get the same extent of narrative motivation. For those reasons then, I find the batmobile in Batman Begins more credible, believable and better integrated in the film's story world.
Yeah...what he said!
My 'stable':1971 429 Cobra Jet Mach 1
1972 Hurst/Olds convertible
1976 'Starsky & Hutch' Torino
1979 Trans-Am(455-powered)

Known to my friends and fam as the 'car chase expert'

bat crap 10 years 11 months ago #4427

NOKATAY, sorry it took so long to answer this one. i watched the dvd of this movie with my boy, around christmas. you get tired of watching the same old movies that are supposted to warm the heart, not freeze the brain. the movie was too out there for me and too slow for the both of us. he was screaming half way through wanting to see BATMAN. he watches the JUSTICE LEAGUE, cartoon with BATMAN;SUPERMAN;WONDERWOMAN;GREEN LANTERN; and various other superheroes, every night of the world.he was expecting to see the streamlined BATMOBILE like in the newer movie and cartoons.this one is an incredible vechile but just doesn't suit batman's needs. the roof shots were to over the top to be believible. we liked it but we're a little dissapointed with it's use in the movie. on the other hand, if they had painted it bright orange and put an "01" on the door, it would have made more sense. do you reckon they let COOTER in the bat cave. the big dual rear wheels were just too much and i have been around enough big tractors to appreciate them. to sum this all up, nice car, wrong movie. the first BATMOBILE will always be the best to me. nuff said.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds