Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Banger Racing

Banger Racing 10 years 4 months ago #5147

Went out to Mendip Raceway last Sunday and finally caught some Banger racing. What a great time we had, well worth the trip down. In addition to the bangers, they had stock car races as well which certainly do not look like their North American brethren:

They also had coach races, apparently a first at Mendip, the final demolition race of which was high in the destruction scale. SWF, you would have loved it!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Banger Racing 10 years 4 months ago #5148

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Carcrashking congratulations for your first time visit to a Banger race. Hopefully you liked it and go back some time... It's this kind of racing that comes closest to our carchase-fetish. :D I will be away this weekend for the Stock car F1 World Cup in Holland. I like the big V 8 Stockcars as well, lot's of noise and power. See you.

Re: Banger Racing 10 years 4 months ago #5149

Indeed I would, and once again it is a shame I was unable to turn up at the same event. I should be going to the event in 2 weeks however, featuring Robin Reliants (that roll all over the place) and caravan racing, which always amounts to satisfying amounts of destruction.

Re: Banger Racing 10 years 4 months ago #5150

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
In the last months I didn't manage to visit any Banger-Racing Events but a few days ago I saw some footage of Australian / New Zealand shortoval action in the movie The devil dared me to. The cars look like that on the picture from carcrashking, but had a solid bumper that goes all around the car. The sequence in the movie is only a few seconds long.

Re: Banger Racing 10 years 4 months ago #5152

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah the guy's from the UK 'exported' that kind of racing to New Zealand when they emigrated in the 50's. The kiwi racing is a bit heavier than their UK counterparts. You can check out various New Zealand Racing Clips at Youtube.

Re: Banger Racing 10 years 3 months ago #5172

I went to Mendips Raceway myself yesterday, the same one that carcrashking attended, and it was certainly entertaining. The entailed events were that of the traditional bangers, Ford Sierra stock cars, hot rods that consisted of tuned Peugeot 205s and Citroen Saxos, Reliant Robins and the final caravan race. The highlight was undoubtibly the Reliant Robins, mainly because they were constantly rolling over much to my delight. However, there was actually a serious accident where the driver was injured and the event was subsequently delayed as emergency services had to saw through the car. The Reliant Robins also took part in a figure of 8 race, which resulted in further carnage. The caravan race was also chaotic as usual, although it was over before it began since most of the racers predictably became snarled amongst the wreckage. Here is a picture I took from the end of the caravan race:

And some additional images I managed to retrieve from the pit lanes:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds