Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Docu-Car Shows on TV

Docu-Car Shows on TV 11 years 2 weeks ago #4306

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Nowadays there's so much Docu-shows about cars and motorcycles, pretty incredible, no? Mind you I prefer watching those shows than daily death and destruction on local news. I can't watch that anymore, too fed up, there's also positive stuff happening on this planet but it seems that worldwide media has forgotten about it. In the beginning I liked 'Pimp my Ride' but got bored very quickly when I began to understand that they build only blinders with too much multimedia stuff...what a waste of money..Nowadays I like too watch MonsterGarage, not every episode is good but sometimes they build pretty cool racecars and customs. I understand that these shows are already pretty old for you guys in the US and maybe Canada, don't know about the UK, but here on the old continent more and more cardocus, mostly from the states, are shown on TV. There's a pretty hilareous one in Germany right now about 4 dumb redneck brothers who run a Junkyard, this show is also one of my favorites. You have to see them to believe it.( www.dieludolfs.de ) Other shows that I would like to watch are Rides or American HotRod but they're not broadcasted yet in my country. Any more stuff?...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Docu-Car Shows on TV 11 years 2 weeks ago #4307

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
Ever seen or heard of Carpocalypse? It's not the computer game, it's a series on Spike TV about these demo derby drivers, stunt men and garage workers down in Bithlo FL. being given these tasks to find certain cars or trucks to race. They'll go out and find cars from junkyards, dealerships, or just use the ones lying in thier back yard. Sometimes they come out with interesting artwork on thier car. They have trailer races, school bus races, camper demo derbies even racing two front wheel drive cars welded together. It's called "The Love Bug Race"

There was also a show that used to be on TLC called Full Metal Challenge that was canceled. A dirty shame that it was though. Seen any of these?

Re: Docu-Car Shows on TV 11 years 1 week ago #4310

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Carpocalypse seems like interesting stuff, I really like Demo Derbies. But no, the show is not aired in my part of Europe. Hopefully very soon...
Thanx Prowler.

AMERICAN CHOPPER & HOLLYWOOD SCIENCE 11 years 1 week ago #4315

American Chopper is a good reality show on Discovery Channel that examines father-son relationships and bike customization. Part of the fun is in watching how the duo bicker and fight over many seemingly small problems.
Of course, there's always Top Gear and its little sibling Fifth Gear...
If you have National Geographic, one show you may want to check out is Hollywood Science. Based on the 2001/2002 BBC series (one of its episodes in fact focused on Speed), it examines the realism of some action sequences and props featured in movies. Two notable episodes I'm looking out for are Car Chases and Amazing Vehicles. Apparently, this series features some movies and TV shows known to have car chases, like Minority Report, I Robot, Enemy of the State, True Lies, Mr and Mrs Smith, 24 and several James Bond movies. Sounds great to me, I'll review it when I've watched their next show times.

Hollywood Science

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Re: Docu-Car Shows on TV 11 years 1 week ago #4316

• adri
  • Platinum Boarder
I used to watch on Discovery channel Yunkyard Wars, most of the times they had to build cars, well sorry, perhaps you dont know what this program was about, they were in a yunkyard and they had to build machines, the majority of the times it was cars, and then they always had to drive them, another program about cars i used to watch was Hollywood Greatest Stunts, you cna imagine what they were about :D shock: , like news :? ) , i love it, its a real good program, fresh and entertaining...

Now i no longer see Yunkyard Wars or Hollywood Greatest Stunts anymore as they are no longer broadcasted... well HGS perhaps is but at lest i dont how often they broadcast episodes of it.

HOLLYWOOD SCIENCE & HELP IDENTIFYING MOVIE 10 years 10 months ago #4543

Oh, I saw the episode of Hollywood's Greatest Stunts where they showed how they did the Austin Powers' parachuting into the 'Shaguar' and the Terminator 2 semi plunging into the canal. Real sweet.

I've caught the Car Chases episode of Hollywood Science. A little nerdy, but still entertaining. They interviewed folks like James Cameron, Rob Cohen and Jan de Bont. Some nice explanations of stunts like the bus jump in Speed, the train chase in French Connection, the dual SUV rollover in Mr & Mrs Smith, ducking under a semi from Fast and Furious, and the staircase tumble in Bourne Identity. Guessed as much, most of the action sequences are impossible in real-life (the bus will crash, it's impossible to keep up with a train at 80 mph, bullets don't cause explosions, semis aren't jacked that high, and the Mini will smash its suspension at the foot of the stairs). Couple of other cool footages from Bullitt, Getaway in Stockholm, True Lies and Need for Speed Most Wanted.

If anyone else has caught that episode, I'm curious as to what chase Gary Hymes was filming in the desert. Two Mustangs, one a red GT, and the other a white Fastback with blue stripes, were seen drifting in the sand dunes throughout the episode. There's two pictures on the official website, look at the left column above 'Photo Credits' as they repeatedly flash the red GT, and click the 'View Gallery' link to your right, where picture 3 shows the two cars together. Can anyone identify what movie it was? :?:

Next I'm going to see the Amazing Vehicles episode. :D

Episode review

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds