Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Richard Hammond in car crash - "critical condition&quot

Richard Hammond in car crash - "critical condition&quot 11 years 2 months ago #4089

I thought I should post this as I know there are some Top Gear fans on here. Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond has been involved in an accident, whilst filming for Top Gear in a jet powered car, trying to break a land speed record. A failure occured at over 200mph sending the car out of control, and he is currently said to be in "critical condition".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nort ... 365676.stm

My condolences go out to his family, and I am shocked as I have actually met the man :( I really hope he pulls through.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Richard Hammond in car crash - "critical condition&quot 11 years 2 months ago #4090

Yes indeed this is sad news, SWF. He certainly brought a lot to Top Gear.

Re: Richard Hammond in car crash - "critical condition&quot 11 years 2 months ago #4094

• adri
  • Platinum Boarder
With all the things (stunts) they do this had to happen before or after...

Anyway let us hope everything goes well for him.

GET WELL HAMMOND...

GET WELL SOON HAMSTER. 11 years 2 months ago #4098

I've just gotten hooked to Top Gear recently, so I was quite shocked to read about his unfortunate accident in the papers too. It is quite ironic that this latest calamity frighteningly mirrors another certain reptile enthusiast's misadventure, namely risking your life in the name of doing what you love. Thankfully Hammond has pulled through and is now in stable condition. Here's to hoping the Hamster recovers.

Latest update (good news!):
http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/1112/

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds