Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Island

The Island 12 years 4 months ago #2041

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
I've seen the island in theaters, and to me, I found it to be a dissapointing film. I found it to be a mixure of Soylent Green, and Logan's Run. It was somehow a big copy of scifi movies. Michael Bay did try his best the chase sequences. Everyone knows and so do we that you just can't have a Michael Bay with out having stuff thrown around. The car chase sequences for me where destructive. But the ideas the people had for the chases where heavily lifted from movies such as Black Dog, The Road Warrior and obviously Matrix Reloaded. CGI was also around to help suspend the audience's attention in the chase. Especially for the Cadillac chase. I though just thought it was too slow.

The plot needed a good fixing, but like I said, this movie couldn't be a Michael Bay film without things getting blown up or destroyed. Oh yes, SWF. This movie might be for you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The Island 12 years 4 months ago #2044

I have indeed heard much about the destructive nature of the chases and am eager to watch :P

However, why can I just imagine seeing style over substance from a Michael Bay film with the sole aim of destroying anything that moves :wink:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds