Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Muscle Fans Or Import Fans

Re: Muscle Fans Or Import Fans 14 years 1 month ago #280

• pitpony81
  • Junior Boarder
When i was 8 years old a guy on my street in Wales had a Pontiac Firebird. That was the first time I ever saw a muscle car (apart from on TV of course) . That was when I caught the bug. He let me sit in it and I remember being really happy. What are your first memories of Muscle cars?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Muscle Fans Or Import Fans 14 years 1 month ago #283

• mwf
  • Senior Boarder
Do you know... I can't remember. I do remember sitting in a huge old America herse like the GostBusters one in a scrap yard when I was a kid. I'm not sure if I've ever sat in one at all. Looked in plenty.

But my earliest taste of the mightly muscle, no, can't remember at all!

Re: Muscle Fans Or Import Fans 13 years 11 months ago #338

• bestefx
  • Fresh Boarder
im all muscle...detroit iron.....bad gas mileage...loud exhaust...
yea the imports are neat to look at and some r even respectably fast, but there is no replacement for cubic displacement and i gotta have that neck snapping, axle snapping TORQUE..u just dont get that from an import. even with nitrous injected,inner and after cooled, overboosted turbo with a wing on the back bigger than the one on my airplane.
an automobile is never completed in my eyes...
you can always customize...show your style and be original...dare to be different...drive in your own lane...the sidewalk!!!!

Re: Muscle Fans Or Import Fans 13 years 6 months ago #595

i have to agree with musclecars. my first car was a 72 dodge charger. it only had a 318ci motor but it would fly. i saw it do 160mph, the i bought it, two weeks later. if you have ten musclecars together, they still look different. ten import cars together look like the same car. i like the imports too, but one ride in a 66 gto; 400ci, 4spd, with a 4:10 rear end,you will never be the same. when you feel the front wheels lift as you are being pushed back into the seat. you can't even move, until the car launches forward. i grew up in the early 70's in america, i can vouch for the speed that most of the cars run then, on the street. my older friends had all kinds of musclecars. i rode in most of them.

Re: Muscle Fans Or Import Fans 13 years 4 months ago #704

• laxy
  • Fresh Boarder
Muscle is definitely king...imports are like a disease though...they are spreading to all parts of the world and are looking more and more ridiculous! I've noticed that if u don't know much about cars, u like imports, but if u r a real 'petrol head' you have realised long ago what a real car is!

I still like movies like fast and the furious though, hearing those little rice burners rev like crazy is quite entertaining!

U can't beat the style or grunt of a muscle car....especially a Mopar!

I've got an Aussie Chrysler Charger and Chrysler Hardtop....but u can never have enough muscle...I guess I'll be aiming to upgrade to a Challenger or Roadrunner 'ONE DAY' hehe

Re: Muscle Fans Or Import Fans 13 years 3 months ago #746

• victimofwv
  • Junior Boarder
I am a muscle man here myself as well. Currently restoring a 66 Fairlane GTA with the 390 and automatic. My dad had a similar 66 GT 390 4-speed during my childhood. But I fell the epitome of the whole American Muscle thing would have to be the 55 Chevy in Two Lane Blacktop. No frills, no fancy paint, stickers, interior or thumping stereo system, just pure muscle in the raw!
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds