Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2011 DVD/Blu-ray releases

2011 DVD/Blu-ray releases 6 years 5 months ago #9624

Don't think I saw a thread for this year's car chase DVD and Blu-ray releases.

Drive Angry has been out since May in America after completely bombing at the cinema, but will be getting a European release on July 4th.

Bad Boys 2 will finally be getting the HD treatment in September according to this list:

www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6135

I've been awaiting this release for some time now, since they heavily featured footage from the freeway chase as promotional material for the advent of Blu-ray. It's bizarre that it took so long for it to arrive, but at least we can now say the complete "Bayhem" experience can be had in HD with The Rock, The Island, Bad Boys 1 and 2 and Transformers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:2011 DVD/Blu-ray releases 6 years 5 months ago #9626

Thanks for kicking off this thread SWF. Normally at the start of the year I launch it, but there were no releases of interest at the time.

I have the Region 1 DVD of Drive Angry and now I know why it bombed...

Re:2011 DVD/Blu-ray releases 6 years 5 months ago #9629

I actually quite enjoyed it as a film, if you don't have any expectations for it. Wiliam Fichtner completely stole the show.

Obviously I primarily watched it for the car action however, and in this department it was a massive disappointment and a possible contender for worst chase of the year, I would say.

Re:2011 DVD/Blu-ray releases 6 years 5 months ago #9640

Another classic chase gets the HD treatment in The Blues Brothers, finally out on Blu Ray July 26th!

Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Star Wars Fanatic.

Re:2011 DVD/Blu-ray releases 6 years 4 months ago #9646

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
I just saw Drive Angry..Well a massive disappointment carchase wise.Forget it..

Re:2011 DVD/Blu-ray releases 6 years 3 months ago #9668

Fast Five will be screeching onto Blu Ray September 5th in the UK and October 4th in the US - rare to see something otu here before the US!

Intriguingly, it is also being marketed as an extended version. It was already a fairly long film anyway, so I'm interested to see what they add. I can only hope the action scenes get the treatment, but it seems unlikely.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Star Wars Fanatic.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds