Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: UK Car Chases

Re: UK Car Chases 9 years 8 months ago #5721

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
The cameras stay locked on the car for the first half of the chase between the Bentley and a battered Rover police car. What I liked was that it was shot around tall cliffs and mossy fields which didn't compare well to Mad Max. I though it was a good idea because ever since Ireland the backroads of Doolin and Killarney never left my mind. It was nice to see cars overtaking a quiet and peaceful street around old European mountains.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: UK Car Chases 9 years 8 months ago #5723

Thanks for the further description of the chase Prowler. At least it features a kick-ass Bentley!

Re: UK Car Chases 9 years 7 months ago #5775

Set for DVD release this month, I have finally been able to view the car chase from the underrated (at least by lack of much mention on Varaces) National Treasure: Book of Secrets, and I must say I was pleased. Set in London, a brand new Mercedes is pursued by a Range Rover, London taxi and later a truck, through the crowded streets. Whilst it was not very destructive, I found it to be an enjoyable and realistic battle through the UK - finally, a worthy car chase set in the UK has arrived, and one that served as a car chase highlight of 2007 at that. I just hope that this trend is set to continue, particularly as London is a surprisingly sparsely used car chase landmark. [/i]

Re: UK Car Chases 9 years 7 months ago #5782

Thanks for the update on the car chase in National Treasure: Book of Secrets, SWF. I guess I was so disappointed with the first film I thought the sequel was not worth a look. Clearly it is from what you say.

Enigma 7 years 3 months ago #9396

There is car chase set in the UK in Enigma (2001). Admittedly, its nothing to write home about but you don't see period chases with vintage vehicles set during WWII that often. Seems to have been shot in Buckinghamshire.

Re:UK Car Chases 6 years 1 month ago #9693

Last night's episode of Spooks finally featured a car chase between an Audi and a Citroen van. Sadly it was only a minute long and there weren't any crashes, but there was at least a couple of nice driving maneuvers on display including a handbrake turn by the van through the congested London streets and a reverse 180 by the Audi.

You can see a behind the scenes clip here:

Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Star Wars Fanatic.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds