Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: UK Car Chases

Re: UK Car Chases 10 years 7 months ago #4833

Thanks for identifying the vehicle, Frank B. It does indeed look like an Austin Champ. Here's an image of one that looks quite similar to the one used in the chase:

I'll correct the film's entry accordingly.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: UK Car Chases 10 years 2 months ago #5223

The UK car chase front has still remiained unlawfuly dry, unfortunately. This year saw at least one film with a UK car chase however, in Outlaw but it is disappointingly brief and barely worth of mention. However, a surprise chase occurred in the UK soap opera Hollyoaks last night, much to my delight, and was certainly worthy of viewing considering its soap opera properties. A Mercedes chases after a Volkswagen Golf convertible after the villain takes off with the pursuers abducted sister, leading to a watery crash at the end as the car plunges off a cliff:

Notably, this is not the first UK soap to feature a car chase climaxing with a crash whereby the car plunges in to the water - Eastenders, Coronation Street and even Emmerdale alike have all had a stunt of this nature. A UK soap opera staple, it seems then.

Re: UK Car Chases 10 years 2 months ago #5229

Notably, this is not the first UK soap to feature a car chase climaxing with a crash whereby the car plunges in to the water....A UK soap opera staple, it seems then.
LOL, guess you Brits like to take a dip now and then. :lol:

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Re: UK Car Chases 10 years 2 months ago #5260

What about 11 Harrowhouse, a 1974 movie starring Charles Grodin and James Mason.

A jewel heist movie, it has a pretty decent car chase that takes place in a wood, with cars and vans weaving in and out of trees, and people on horseback too, if I remember correctly.

Dolphins (2007) 9 years 10 months ago #5591

Dolphins perhaps is the first film in the database that has a car chase set in Brighton. it's a multi-car pursuit with a Ford Sierra chased by a Nissan 300ZX, a Range Rover and a RX7.

Doomsday (2008) 9 years 8 months ago #5720

Although set in the future, the car chase in Doomsday is still technically set in the UK making it a UK chase.

Judging from the chase description, it seems to be a half decent chase with its Mad Max references. For those who have seen it, how does it compare with other UK set chases?

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds