Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: UK Car Chases

Re: UK Car Chases 11 years 3 months ago #4061

Two more UK chases up, the first from Ordinary Decent Criminal set in Ireland. Rather short chase that is only just one minute long but at least ends in a small crash.

Secondly there is the much better The Sorcerers which features, yet again, a Jaguar as is usual for an older UK chase. It's not bad at all, and reminds me a little of Peter Yates's Robbery, even if it is a little slower.

Both have been added to the database since its revival.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Sorcerers 11 years 3 months ago #4070

The Sorcerers (1967) is already in the database. Including the obligatory Jag, it also has a nice Wolseley 6/110 as well:

Re: UK Car Chases 11 years 1 month ago #4218

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
Checking the car chase keywords on imdb, the film Otley (1969) appears to have a car chase with a Renault.

[url:2n462lmq]www.imdb.com/title/tt0064775/[/url]

Joyride (1995) 10 years 11 months ago #4414

Came across Joyride (1995) the other day and its a very good little thriller, which I have recently added to the database. It's about a maintenance worker who gets kidnapped by a couple of psychopaths who are chased by the police.

Can't say precisely where in the UK the film is set, but it could be in Scotland given the accents of some of the characters.

Given that the film is only 10 minutes in running time, the car chase is not terribly long but it's a well shot, night time sequence nonetheless. One can find it in this dvd collection of British short films:

Sitting Target (1972) 10 years 8 months ago #4824

The car chase in Sitting Target is set in London, and has its final shoot out within the view of Battersea Power Station, the building made famous by the album cover for Animals by Pink Floyd. Other than being set in London, it's a pretty good chase, despite the dodgy process shots used for some of the interior car views.

At any rate, could anyone help identify the make of the jeep appearing in the image below? I read somewhere online that it was an early Range Rover but models dating from this period do not look anything like that.

Any ideas?

Name that Jeep 10 years 7 months ago #4832

• frank b
  • Fresh Boarder
I can't be sure from the photo, but given that the film is set in the UK, I think the "Jeep" may be an Austin Champ. The link below seems to confirm this. http://www.austinchamp.com/extras/publi ... /movie.htm
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds