Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: UK Car Chases

UK Car Chases 13 years 2 weeks ago #960

I know there probably are some big and obvious ones, but does anybody know of any good car chases set in any UK locations? I have a bit of a thing for European chases at the moment, as it is getting boring seeing them set in the same American location.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

UK Locations 13 years 2 weeks ago #964

I am with you, Star Wars Fanatic, that UK car chases tend to be under represented on the database. Here are a few, some of which I have submitted, others have yet to be added:

The Lavender Hill Mob (1951) location - London
Hell Drivers (1957) location - Sussex
Brannigan (1975) location - London
Sweeney! (1977) location - London, I presume since the film was based upon the hit TV show set there

I have a recollection that the original Get Carter (1971) had a car chase in it but I am not sure. Has anyone seen it who could confirm?

Re: UK Car Chases 13 years 2 weeks ago #965

Ah yes, Get Carter. I think it has a chase scene or two but I just found out that the 2000 remake has some promising sounding ones. Although I don't think it is set in the UK unfortunately.

Hell Drivers 13 years 2 weeks ago #967

By all means check out Hell Drivers. It may be old, and the trucking scenes sped up, but the actual stunt driving is impressive even by today's standards. Stanley Baker and Patrick McGoohan are also brilliant in it!

Re: UK Car Chases 13 years 2 weeks ago #968

Yeah, the year did put me off a bit I admit. Wish there were some more modern chases for the Uk though.

Robbery (1967) 13 years 2 weeks ago #972

Although not as recent as you would like, there is also Robbery directed by Peter Yates, the same director as Bullitt. There is an outstanding car chase in London that opens the film, on the basis of which, the story goes, landed Yates the job to helm Bullitt.
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds