Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The 9th Annual Varaces Awards Nominations

Re:The 9th Annual Varaces Awards Nominations 6 years 9 months ago #9536

Good read as always, the driveintheatre. We definitely seem to be on the same wavelength this year!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:The 9th Annual Varaces Awards Nominations 6 years 9 months ago #9537

Haha, thanks, I enjoyed reading yours and the other members' nominations too. The only other chase which I've watched but didn't nominate is 'The Other Guys', which on reflection, I should've. I didn't watch many chase films last year, I have yet to see 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice', 'KL: Evolusi Drift', and The Expendables', among others. :)

But the ones I have seen, are more or less the same as yours. I really think the 'Chase of the Year' and 'Worst Chase of the Year' are lock-ins, though I'm siding with n_easter on Percy Jackson, come to think of it. What wasted potential with that Maserati.

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by thedriveintheatre.

Re:The 9th Annual Varaces Awards Nominations 6 years 9 months ago #9538

I recommend you at least watch The Expendables, it comes in second place for me.

I've not seen Percy Jackson, but I really still think it was absolutely criminal not to feature the A-Team van in the film adaptation. It's like last year when Michael Bay failed to deliver a worthy chase in Transformers again.
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Star Wars Fanatic.

Re:The 9th Annual Varaces Awards Nominations 6 years 9 months ago #9539

Thanks for the nominations SWF and thedriveintheatre. Much appreciated.

Re:The 9th Annual Varaces Awards Nominations 6 years 9 months ago #9544

Sadly, the composing of the 9th Annual Varaces Awards has taken longer than anticipated. I would say I am about three quarters done, but better to spend the time adding the finishing touches than rushing to get it up.

They should be up by the end of this week. At least we have the Oscar winners to discuss in the meantime!
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by carcrashking.

Re:The 9th Annual Varaces Awards Nominations 6 years 9 months ago #9545

I really wanted "Inception" to win for Best Picture, seeing as how "The Dark Knight" was snubbed for that honor two years ago. But, I can guess I can live with "The King's Speech" taking the honor. I still have yet to see it. Happy for Christian Bale finally taking home some Oscar gold.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds