Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Other Guys Car Chases (Explained)

The Other Guys Car Chases (Explained) 7 years 4 months ago #9372

This weekend's (Aug. 6-8) big movie is "The Other Guys". With trailers already confirming the film's two car chases, I was really excited for the film, catching it on opening day.

Chase #1:

The film begins with the Samuel L. Jackson-Dwayne Johnson Chevelle car chase, loading up on massive car accidents while in pursuit of a Cadillac Escalade, but the one that takes the cake is where they crash into a double decker bus and they still continue the chase causing the double decker bus to send the Chevelle flying towards the Escalade (with Sam Jackson still inside shooting at the Escalade) leading to the Chevelle totaling the Escalade, flipping it over and exploding in flames, while the Chevelle crashes into a building.

634.jpg

Chase #2

The film's climax comes in the form of another high-speed chase, where Will Ferrell & Mark Wahlberg have to get to a bank in twenty minutes, but in doing so, they get chased by Nigerians on motorcycles, Australians in vans, a helicopter, and the New York City police. Highlights of this chase include a van's crash into a pile of parked cars (can be seen in the trailer) and the helicopter crash.

636-20100807.jpg

Note:

I'd like to note a great car crash can be seen in the film during the jewerly store robbery in the movie, where the bad guys take control of a crane which accidently (I think so) smashes into a minivan sending it flying on top of some parked cars.

Click here to be directed to videos filmed during the big crash scenes.

varaces.com/forums/1-car-chase-forum/937...sq-crash-scenes#9373
Attachments:
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by n_easter12345.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:The Other Guys Car Chases (Explained) 7 years 2 months ago #9417

Just watched The Other Guys the other day, and like n_easter12345 says, the chases sequences in it were pretty good. The first one was notably over the top, perhaps in keeping with the larger than life characters that Samuel L. Jackson and Dwayne Johnson were playing.

It was also seriously funny, which was a bonus.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds