Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Matthew Porter Car Jump Art Photography

Matthew Porter Car Jump Art Photography 7 years 5 months ago #9317

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
Hi car chase movie fans,

an article about co² air condition systems drew my attention because 2 interesting photographies showing jumping cars had been used to illustrate the topic. I found some more of these artworks via google. The artists name is Matthew Porter.

Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by heavymett. Reason: words
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Matthew Porter Car Jump Art Photography 7 years 5 months ago #9324

Interesting... were these actual shots or composites? And did he explain what jumping cars had to do with CO2 air condition systems? :)

I hope you guys don't mind, but rather than creating a new topic, I'd just like to share another automotive-based artwork. Chinese artist Cai Guo-Qiang has made a large-scale installation critiquing car bombs entitled 'Inopportune: Stage One'. This work is currently exhibiting at this year's Sydney Biennale on Cockatoo Island. Nine cars are placed in sequence of the explosion, with multichannel light tubes protruding from the body to give the flame/sparks effect.

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Re:Matthew Porter Car Jump Art Photography 7 years 5 months ago #9337

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
thedriveintheatre wrote:
Interesting... were these actual shots or composites? And did he explain what jumping cars had to do with CO2 air condition systems? :) [...]

no :) when you take a closer look to the suspension the tires look wrong. the cars also look a bit like models not real cars. I don't know what the artists intention was. for me these pictures look like the perfect moment. in this moment of a carjump everything is fine and without pressure. zero g-force...

Re:Matthew Porter Car Jump Art Photography 7 years 5 months ago #9338

Not sure if I could afford it but I would absolutely love to get one of Matthew Porter car jump prints!
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds