Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 8th Annual VaRaces Awards

8th Annual VaRaces Awards 7 years 9 months ago #9232

As promised, the 8th Annual VaRaces Awards are up to coincide with the Oscars. Everyone knows that these Awards are the more important event!

Thanks for those forum members who helped out with the nominations and hope you enjoy reading the Awards!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:8th Annual VaRaces Awards 7 years 9 months ago #9233

Great read as ever and thanks again for featuring me as a guest presenter. I was also pleased that DiRT 2 won best game and I noticed you used my screenshot from IGCD!

Re:8th Annual VaRaces Awards 7 years 9 months ago #9234

Glad you liked the Awards SWF and I hope you didn't mind that I used your IGCD screenshot!

Re:8th Annual VaRaces Awards 7 years 9 months ago #9235

Not at all.

Re:8th Annual VaRaces Awards 7 years 9 months ago #9236

Here is a suggestion that I've been playing with over the past few days. Maybe for next year's awards, we can add a new award titled "Best Race Against Time Sequence". I recently saw "2012" and while there wasn't any car chases per se, there was a couple of really great race against time scenes where the vehicles involved got a real workout. Just a suggestion, let me know what you think.

2012.jpg
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by n_easter12345.

Re:8th Annual VaRaces Awards 7 years 9 months ago #9237

Interesting suggestion n_easter12345. In principle, I can't see anything wrong with introducing a category of that nature into the awards. I recently watched The Taking of Pelham 123 and it had a pretty good race-against-time sequence in it too so I see no reason why we shouldn't be celebrating such sequences as well.

My only caveat is that there still would be no inclusion of race-against-time sequences in the database. However automotively entertaining these may be, they are neither instances of chasing or racing in the strict sense. In addition, a shot of a car speeding would count as a race-against-time (particularly when one thinks how velocity is defined) so just about any old film could be included, and I don't think we would want to be doing that.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds