Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2010 DVD/Blu-Ray Releases

2010 DVD/Blu-Ray Releases 7 years 11 months ago #9172

Been meaning to pass this on: Warner Bros. Home Video has set up Warner Archive an on demand DVD and download service and has made accessible to customers hundreds of titles from its back catalogue.

Happily, this means that Freebie and the Bean (1974) is finally available on DVD. The hitch is that the service is only available to US customers. Bummer.

Need to trawl through to see what other car chase/racing films are available.

Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by carcrashking.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:2010 DVD/Blu-Ray Releases 7 years 11 months ago #9174

Sounds like a good idea, but I wish they would release Blazing Magnum on DVD.

Re:2010 DVD/Blu-Ray Releases 7 years 11 months ago #9175

I agree SWF. I don't understand why it hasn't had a proper DVD release yet. Sounds like something Blue Underground would try to pick up. Perhaps we should make that recommendation to them.

On another note, while trawling through the archive, found that Warners have made Speedway (1929) available. It's a late silent classic racing film. Been waiting a long time to see it.

The further good news is that these titles are also available through Movies Unlimited, which does ship internationally.

Re:2010 DVD/Blu-Ray Releases 7 years 11 months ago #9176

The thing is, it had a limited release but only in Germany. To make matters worse, for whatever reason, the chase scene was also cut by several minutes in the German version so the only way to see it in full is through bootleg releases of inferior quality.

Re:2010 DVD/Blu-Ray Releases 7 years 10 months ago #9205

The cult classic 80s racing film The Wraith is getting a special edition DVD release March 2nd:

www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/18321

Death Racers (2008) 7 years 4 months ago #9375

Death Racers (2008), clearly an exploitation rip off of Death Race, is out on DVD.

Seems more emphasis on gore than automotive scenes in this film. For hard core fans of horror then.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds