Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gone in 60 Seconds - original soundtrack

Gone in 60 Seconds - original soundtrack 8 years 4 months ago #9113

Some of you may have been aware that the DVD release of the original Gone in 60 Seconds was remastered, and had a completely different soundtrack and newly dubbed sound effects compared to the original incarnation, which sported country music and source sound effects. Until now, the original version has been very scarcely viewed, and limited to an original out of print VHS which I happen to own. However, thanks to Youtube, the theatrical version of the full chase can now be viewed online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3VKLOQ0 ... annel_page

And the remastered retail version for reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6-TlxADdA4

I had already seen this before on my VHS, but it's still nice to be able to share it with others at last. I must say though, the remastered version is much more watchable with drastically better sound effects, although I expect many were disappointed that they removed the country music soundtrack.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Gone in 60 Seconds - original soundtrack 7 years 10 months ago #9192

Thanks for posting this SWF. Its been ages since I've watched this chase and it's still impressive even by present day standards, especially for what is at the end of the day a low budget independent film. Too bad about the cutaways though, they really kill the suspense and momentum of the action.

I agree that the remastered soundtrack is superior. The problem with the country music is not that it is country music but that it simply doesn't suit the action and is clumsily tacked onto the visuals. Further proof that Halicki was no great director but instead a great stunt coordinator and stunt driver.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds