Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Live For Speed - Collateral Collision

Live For Speed - Collateral Collision 8 years 4 months ago #9097

It's here.

Download link (recommended) - [url:258lpbah]www.megaupload.com/?d=CMEZP6OC[/url]

Youtube

Part 1 - [url:258lpbah]www.polepositiondriver.com/collateral-collision/index.html[/url] (courtesy of Polepositiondriver)
Part 2 - [url:258lpbah]www.polepositiondriver.com/collateral-collision/part-2.html[/url] (courtesy of Polepositiondriver)

The Youtube links can also be watched in HD, which is a first for me.

Polepositiondriver's verdict - [url:258lpbah]www.polepositiondriver.com/games/live-fo...l-collission-review/[/url]

Desktop wallpapers - [url:258lpbah]www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0a7072a48594...26856038a50303f2c4f6[/url]

The initial trailer - [url:258lpbah][/url]

The long awaited Collateral Collision is finally here, which marks our first ever venture into LFS movie making.

Pushing the boundaries of the racing simulation Live For Speed, Collateral Collision is the result of a huge collaborative effort from the Live For Speed community, along with my dedicated passion for movie car chases. Our aim was simple - to deliver the most authentic representation of a movie car chase that was physically possible within the realms of a machinima film.

As a result, Collateral Collision was a hugely ambitious project, with incredibly long filming times and editing sessions. Not a second that you see has been overlooked and every sound you hear has been meticiously dubbed from other sources. To say the least, a tremendous amount of effort has been put into this project, in terms of both the filming and the editing.

To put it simply, we feel that Collateral Collision is the most definitive and comprehensive machinima car chase experience, which aims to mimic the likes of car chase staples such as Gone in 60 Seconds, Bullitt and Ronin.

As a lone driver sets off, little does he know that another malicious driver is about to give pursuit, with dire consequences that result in a grueling chase sequence of life and death. Think of it as Duel meets Grindhouse: Death Proof.

Enjoy.

http://i25.tinypic.com/263f2uq.jpg/ http://i32.tinypic.com/2hg5zrs.jpg/

http://i27.tinypic.com/ejstvs.jpg/ http://i30.tinypic.com/2hekdj6.jpg/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Live For Speed - Collateral Collision 8 years 4 months ago #9099

• booster
  • Junior Boarder
I saw it and... This is a big one!
I actually think this is one of the best car chases done in a computer game (or the best?)

When I first heard about this project I knew it was going to be a hell lot of work in order to do it properly; I have been keeping in touch with StarWarsFanatic so i have been aware of it; and now I can tell this is art. Using such a simple replay engine LFS has, let me think about the tremendous work this chase has, judging the brilliant camera work.
The scene mounting, the movie cliche stunts, the made-from-scratch sounds, the realism-spectacular balance... every single point have been taken into account. I like the visual thrill, the impact this scenes have... Martin you know movie chases!

Solid 10 out of 10 you got here! Keep up with the excellent work :wink:

Re: Live For Speed - Collateral Collision 8 years 4 months ago #9100

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
Just got around to watching Martin's new film Collateral Collision. I'm not really familiar with the basics of Live For Speed but after watching numerous and objectionable fan videos on YouTube and elsewhere on the internet, it gave me the impression that it was a good source for movie making. You could aim the camera anywhere you pleased and choose from a limited variety of cars that ranged from race cars to street rods. The physical suspension and damage from the cars proves as another treat for players who enjoy the realism of banged and scratched vehicles. But after watching Martin's film, I had an epiphany. Not just for the sake of LFS but with how much effort crammed into projects like this result in large accomplishments.

To begin, a blue Toyota bullys a red Vauxhall all over city streets and up into the channels of the highway but that's just the tip of the iceberg. The whole atmosphere of Collateral Collision is modeled after every classic car chase film "known to man". What really captured my attention (and everyone's attention for that matter) was the camera angles. Like in every car chase film, the camera steadily closes in face to face with the cars as they make matters personal. Ramming, bumping, racing off road, you get the idea? Along with this, there's a heavy dose of sounds. Sounds borrowed from all the chase films at Martin's disposal, everything from squeling tires, grinding metal, skids, crashes, horns, and engines. What makes them so profound is that they're very well synchronized and are properly chosen for each occasion, small or giant. For example, when one of the cars runs off of a sidewalk, you can hear the ground scraping underneath the bumper and the belly. And the beat goes on from there. The only thing that stands in my way was the small glitches the cars would make if they were to skid or ram into one another, which leaves me to recognize one of the many flaws over computer games. Other than that, I'd say Martin Bigg has successfully created a fine CGI worthy car chase with all means neccessary to satisfy the viewer. Along with Adri's Driv3r (Drivthreeer) chase video, Collateral Collision deserves a 10/10 for solid effort.

Re: Live For Speed - Collateral Collision 8 years 4 months ago #9102

Thanks for the comments so far. It's certainly been a long haul, since the project actually started over a year ago now so it is a big relief to finally have it complete. Machinima car chase films are very few and far between, so I hope it gains some recognition in this niche. Don't forget too that the planning and execution of this project were comparable to a real film at times, with having to actually direct real people for each scene.

If there is enough interest, there may well also be a making of featuring some outtakes.

Re: Live For Speed - Collateral Collision 8 years 4 months ago #9105

I watched this yesterday, and I'm still reeling from its effects... this is the most heart-pounding, breath-taking, pulse-racing, awe-inspiring Machinima car chase I have ever seen! I'm not kidding, I don't how you did it, gathering all the 'Extras' to participate in the chase at the same time (how did you coordinate it?), filming the pursuit (though I suspect there's an in-built cam in the game), and getting all those cars to flip and rollover (I still don't know how you got them to turn turtle, but I would very much like to know!).

And the way you referenced all the different chases... it started off like Bullitt, then went on to Duel, Death Proof, Seven Ups, Ronin, Bourne Supremacy, Matrix Reloaded and finally ending in a Blues-Brothers-style pile-up (in that order!). Nice touch making the cars contrasting against each other, blue vs red, Brit vs Import. Great choice on the soundtrack too, the sound effects fit the action on-screen, and Nightwish is one of the few metal bands I actually like.

To see something of this magnitude being pulled off by the online community is nothing short of exhilarating and inspiring, this is truly a labour of love. I thought you gave up on the project long ago, but I'm pleased you stuck with it and delivered a Machinima masterpiece for car chase fans and racing video game enthusiasts to enjoy. No amount of superlatives I say can describe my admiration for it, so I'll stop now.

Instant Favourite, 5/5 Rating.

Sequel? :D

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Re: Live For Speed - Collateral Collision 8 years 4 months ago #9106

Thanks AndreTeh, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

To answer your questions, each scene was done on an online server with other players and I had to direct each scene as if it was a real film. So everything had to be planned and coordinated, it was quite arduous at times. Once the takes were done, I then had to save the replay file of the scene and then you can go back through these and freely modify the cameras as they are played back. And car setups can be modified so we deliberately modified some of the cars with high suspension so that they would roll easier.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds