Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Registration System

New Registration System 8 years 7 months ago #9035

As a result of all the spam we have been receiving, a new membership registration system has been introduced that requires admin. approval.

If you wish to be a legitimate forum user, please email me at carcrashking@gmail.com to signal your intentions.

Thanks - CCK
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Registration System 8 years 7 months ago #9036

Oh yeah, forgot to say to the spammers - so long suckers!!

A VERY USEFUL MODERATOR 8 years 7 months ago #9037

even thou you cut into my play time with our new buddies, you have done a great job over the last little bit. i was watching the names popping up all the time. i had to cut a couple of replys short because you were taking their threads off the forum. i understand they need to make a living too but when you are asked to leave that is a big signal that you're not wanted. the new registration, is it for everyone or just new members. i understand either way. you know i definitely want to be on here. i've asked before, make sure they fill out the whole registration form, especially the address section. i don't want street numbers but countries help out. i give mine but you can't usually find it on a map anyway. wait till someone with a russian accent knocks on my door huh? "HOWDY, COMRADE" keep up the good work.

Re: New Registration System 8 years 7 months ago #9039

Thanks supercharger. It has been a lot of work dealing with these guys.

The new registration system is for users who want to become forum members, so all the existing forum members can post on threads as per normal.

We get around 30 to 40 spammers registering as new forum members each day, which leads me to believe its an automated system they are using when registering. They would receive a confirmation message that they were registered and bongo - they would post their spam. Now the requests go through me as administrator.. Hopefully they'll give up soon...
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds