Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Varaces Next

Re: Varaces Next 9 years 2 months ago #7815

• adri
  • Platinum Boarder
Superb!! :D ) thanks DHopkins

I dont know if this is because it has not been added yet or because of a bug but i cannot acces the forum by clicking to the button on the left side of the main page where it says "Recent Forum Topics" the are no movies submitted and i cannot submitt anything but i suppose this is because you havent activated that option yet right?

If i click "home" the web will give me an error, i also get this message sometimes -The file /home/varaces/www/next/var_data/app_list.php cannot be included!
It does not exist or is not readable.- when i click to watch a movie entry and other times as well.

And i think that's everything i see wrong, i suppose some of the things i've mentioned are because you have not added them yet, right?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Varaces Next 9 years 2 months ago #7816

• booster
  • Junior Boarder
I see some glitches in it, but i look forward to the new design!
It's time to get used to it.

Re: Varaces Next 9 years 2 months ago #7817

• admin
You guys are fast. Yeah, I'm still tinkering around and switching parts of the site from the dev area to the live area. Thats why you're seeing those 'file not found'. They should go away pretty quickly though.

D

Re: Varaces Next 9 years 2 months ago #7818

Congratulations on the new Varaces, dhopkins. I like the new clean design, though I feel that the banner obscures the movie cars a bit too much compared to the old one. Along with the glitches Adri has noticed, I also found that not all the features that were previously on the site are present any more. The chase entries also all say "submitted by Derrick Hopkins", even if it was an entry I know I submitted myself.

Re: Varaces Next 9 years 2 months ago #7819

• adri
  • Platinum Boarder
There's also a huge blank on the main page, is anything going to go there instead?

Re: Varaces Next 9 years 2 months ago #7824

Thanks for the hard work changing the site DH. The enhanced functionality is great. I'm sure the glitches will eventually be sorted.

For now four things to attend to in addition to the issues other members have pointed out:

- the entry database is not up to date. There were 1270 entries (with one pending) on the old site. The film count for the new site only reads 1245, suggesting there are 25 entries missing.
- director and stunt coordinator names on entries are switched
- browse by decade function (thanks for adding BTW, a great additional function): the entries with year ending in zero (i.e. 1920, 1930s, etc.) are split with some appearing in one decade an the rest appearing in the next
- my admin rights seem to have disappeared. I can neither validate entries or access the Joomla management system to edit/create new content for the website.

Thanks - CCK
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds