Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: PAUL NEWMAN 1925-2008

PAUL NEWMAN 1925-2008 9 years 3 months ago #6062

PAUL NEWMAN, movie star and racer, died september 26, 2008, after a private bout with cancer. he had a varied and great list of movies. usually, playing against stereotype. WINNING was the movie that got him hooked on auto racing. this was another arena that he had personal success and as a team owner. LEMANS and DAYTONA were two of his best races. he played DOC, the HUDSON HORNET in the pixar movie CARS.he played the old racer teaching the new upstart racer, some old moves. a role he played many times in his real life.he is another great star that will be really missed.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: PAUL NEWMAN 1925-2008 9 years 3 months ago #6070

I agree supercharger. Paul Newman will indeed be missed.

While I think his best performances were in films non-automotive related (The Hustler, Hud, Cool Hand Luke, Hombre, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Verdict), it is a fitting tribute that his last performance was the voice of Doc Hudson in Cars. A real towering figure in the history of Hollywood cinema, that is for sure.

Re: PAUL NEWMAN 1925-2008 9 years 3 months ago #6073

• booster
  • Junior Boarder
Rest in Peace Paul Newman

Re: PAUL NEWMAN 1925-2008 9 years 3 months ago #6079

Although I have never watched any of Mr Newman's prior movies and only recognised him from salad dressing bottles, his amazing performance as a disillusioned former race car in Cars has inspired me to check out his previous roles. A true racing enthusiast, he is the oldest racer to win the 24-hour Daytona Beach endurance race, and the oldest to compete in a sanctioned race event in the 2005 Rolex 24 at Daytona at the incredible age of 80.
His presence both in film, racing, and the Cars sequel will be sorely missed, and I hope he has an awesome time in that great race track in the sky.
R.I.P. Paul Newman 1925-2008

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Re: PAUL NEWMAN 1925-2008 9 years 3 months ago #6081

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
I just finished watching a late 70's film starring Paul Newman known as Quintet. I was surprised to see this was the only sci-fi flick he starred in. Guess sci-fi wasn't really his thing at the time?
A true actor and gentleman who helped me travel to Ireland and distributed millions of salad dressings and tomato sauce, Paul Newman will be missed deeply.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds