Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CGI Car Chase/Racing Films

Re: CGI Car Chase/Racing Films 9 years 3 months ago #6083

Thanks LastCubScout. How could I forget! While not a car chase strictly speaking it is indeed a motorcycle chase of sorts in what is often identified as the first feature length CGI film. Definitely something we'll need to acknowledge.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rock Band 2 CGI Car Chase 9 years 2 months ago #6150

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
The music-videogame Rock Band 2 is going to be realeased in a few days.
This videotrailer shows two rivaling rockbands in a mad max style car chase.

Watch Video: http://features.cgsociety.org/story_cus ... ry_id=4756

I see that there is a slight difference between compositing (CGI mixed with film) and fully animated movies. The full lenght CGI movie Renaissance just crosses my mind right now... You are only looking for titles that use CGI/Compositing for the car chasing/racing sequences?

There are a few more car chase trailers for various car racing videogames. Sometimes the choreography and the graphics are quite impressive like in this one. If you are looking for more fully animated car chases I can post some other cinematic videogame trailers that focus on car chases/races.

Re: CGI Car Chase/Racing Films 9 years 2 months ago #6151

Being the animation nut I am, here's a couple more CG flicks I can think of, CCK:

Final Fantasy: Advent Children
Toy Story 2
Ratatouille
Tiny Cars (lousy rip-off of Cars)
Bolt (upcoming)

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Re: CGI Car Chase/Racing Films 9 years 2 months ago #6153

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
There's a car chase in the film Landspeed, where a Porsche Boxter is chased by a couple Humvees. At a a certain point, it turns into a CGI model as it flies off a cliff. Later, two landspeed cars race against each other with a numerous amount of CGI mixed between shots.

Re: CGI Car Chase/Racing Films 9 years 2 months ago #6155

Thanks for these additional titles AndreTeh and Prowler. I'll add them to my list.

Thanks for the link to the Rock Band 2 trailer, heavymett. I am interested in both forms of CGI be it compositing or purely CG animation. The latter are interesting cases since they tend to feature elements that cannot be achieved through live action. So yes please post other similar video game trailers since they would be of value.

Re: CGI Car Chase/Racing Films 9 years 2 months ago #6163

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
Here's anther to add to your list, Même les pigeons vont au paradis (2007). It contains a small car chase at the beginning and thereafter picks up with an unusual storyline.

[url:2gwkuldk][/url]
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds