Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: JERRY REED 1937-2008

JERRY REED 1937-2008 9 years 4 months ago #6015

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
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: JERRY REED 1937-2008 9 years 4 months ago #6016

I share your sentiments supercharger. Jerry Reed will be missed. One of my favorite roles of his was Bama McCall in Gator where he actually plays the baddie. Just goes to show he had a wider range of acting abilities from the comedy roles he was usually typecast.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds