Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Live For Speed - Collateral Collision Trailer

Live For Speed - Collateral Collision Trailer 9 years 5 months ago #5955

We've all seen movie car chases, but what about internet car chases?

Introducing my new machinima project, Collateral Collision , produced in the online racing simulator, Live For Speed. Produced with a fellow friend and LFS player (I drive the Vauxhall and he drives the Toyota), this marks my first extended machinima project since The Sims Is About To Get Ugly, which featured the first car chase created in that game. Collateral Collision therefore aims to be a step up from this, with the aim to to deliver the most authentic representation of a movie car chase in a machinima film. Find out how, soon.

I therefore present a preview of my upcoming movie:

Youtube link - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=q2nlhf-pSi0

Download link - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QQJG3MIV (recommended due to quality and sound issues on Youtube)

And best of all? My car chase will be set in the UK :D

Enjoy.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Live For Speed - Collateral Collision Trailer 9 years 5 months ago #5960

Hey there, SWF! Long time no see, where were ya?
Anyway, I had subscribed to your channel, so I saw your trailer about 2 hours after it was posted.
Some comments. I liked the alternating music between Gary Numan and that Heavy Metal track (what's its name by the way?). The ending rollover crash into the camera was beyond awesome! Some criticisms: The crash through the haystacks at 0:54 was out of place, and the sound of the final accident was cut short too abruptly.
But I love the idea! Couple of questions, hope you don't mind:

Is this another solo effort like The Sims? If so, I'm amazed!
What program did you use to film the in-game video footage, as well as to edit the trailer? I'm interested in how to make such videos.
How long do you plan the chase to be?
When can we expect a release of the final movie?

Thanks! Oh, and I may be doin' some machinima of my own in the near future, in addition to my usual music video/trailer mash-ups. Got some pretty nifty chases from the Driver PC game. And like you, I'm planning to post some car chases from my own film collection too, once I get down to ripping the movies and pulling those chases out.
I'll be looking forward to your epic Brit chase!

BTW, I liked the fact that all the drivers of the cars were clones of The Stig!

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Re: Live For Speed - Collateral Collision Trailer 9 years 5 months ago #5961

Thanks for the comments Andreteh, and not at all I'm happy to answer any questions. I was going to reveal how everything was done with the full release, but since you asked:

The heavy metal track was Nightwish - Master Passion Greed.

It is another solo effort in as much as all the editing is done by me, but this time I have additional real life drivers to contend with. Similarly to The Sims, I have complete control over the camera work and can even set it to follow the cars this time, which is exactly the flexibility I wanted. Basically, an online server is created for each filming session and every other driver is then directed and put into position for shooting. Like a real film, it can take hours just to shoot small scenes. But it is incredibly satisfying to be the director, particularly when I have to type "and...action!." Because of the fact it is filmed with other real life players, I really believe that this is the closest you could get to filming a staged movie car chase in a video game, which hasn't really been done before.

I used fraps to capture the video, and then Sony Vegas to edit the footage. You may have noticed some effects were used in the video, which I will show when the full movie is out - expect a making of video to be released afterwards, too.

We're aiming for the chase to be around 10 minutes, simply because this is the maximum Youtube can allow unless I get a directors account. Because of this, some footage might not make it to the final cut, but that's movie making for you. As for the release date, nothing solid can really be stated at the moment, but I am hoping to get it done for next month before I go back to the drudgery of university.

Re: Live For Speed - Collateral Collision Trailer 9 years 5 months ago #5964

• booster
  • Junior Boarder
Hi, I've just seen the trailer and as you told me this project looks really promising!

I like the editing, how the sound is dubbed (since the sound effects are not from the game), the video filters...

I really look forward to watch this complete car chase that pretty much sure i will enjoy

Re: Live For Speed - Collateral Collision Trailer 9 years 5 months ago #5965

Great trailer SWF. It certainly does represent an advancement in your previous machinima efforts. Did you do any grading effects in the end?

Re: Live For Speed - Collateral Collision Trailer 9 years 5 months ago #5966

Thanks carcrashking, and yes I did in the end along with some additional blurring effects to give more of a sensation of speed. All will be revealed when the final movie is eventually released.

On another note, thank you very much for featuring it on the homepage!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds