Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Blaxploitation Car Chase Films

URBAN ACTION 8 years 7 months ago #9038

this is the first in this series. URBAN ACTION is a 4 movie set with MEAN JOHNNY BARROWS, LADY COCOA, THE FINAL COMEDOWN, and THE BLACK STREETFIGHTER. MEAN JOHNNY BARROWS(74) is a FRED WILLIAMSON tour de force. he does everything but drive a car. this is actually one of the first and better coming home from VIET NAM movies. this 4 pack is worth this movie alone. LADY COCOA(75) isn't worth the watch. it's badly copied from a bad film copy. bad is the key word here, the only good part is they show LOLA FALANA topless in one part. since it was early in her career, it wasn't that good. THE FINAL COMEDOWN(72) is BILLY DEE WILLIAMS as the black militant leader getting brought down by the white police force. he did drive an early 60's RAMBLER around for a while, things were real bad back then. THE BLACK STREETFIGHTER(76) is self explanatory. he's a black fighter caught up in the white mob's system. i actually like this type of movie even without a chase scene. this was another $3 ODD LOTS movie so it was worth the price. this was also another TGG DIRECT movie set, i hope they keep this up. a lot of these movies have proably been lost.decent movies, no chase, still good value.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Blaxploitation Car Chase Films 8 years 7 months ago #9040

Thanks for the tip supercharger. I'll keep an eye out for the dvd set. Nothing like good 1970s blaxploitation!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.642 seconds