Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Launch of my new Youtube channel

Re: Launch of my new Youtube channel 9 years 11 months ago #5613

Hey Adri, the only chases I've seen that are set in Malaysia are Jackie Chan's Police Story 3 urban pursuit (which I recommend if you wanna have a look at how our capital looks like) and Billa, a Bollywood produced-film featuring a Bad Boys 2 style chase in the rural villages. I'll post these chases when I figure out how to convert their formats to those accepted by Youtube.
I've also glimpsed these B-movies which may feature car chases directed by a Mr. Badaruddin Azmi. They're K.L. Menjerit(Kuala Lumpur Screams), and Gangster. Click on their titles to see their IMDB profile. I have only seen their covers at those little video shophouses in M'sia, so I've yet to confirm of any car chase content.
Yes, you can say I'm a frequent traveller, Prowler. I was born and spent my childhood in Malaysia (hence my nationality and passport is Malaysian). But I'm now an undergrad in Sydney, but my family is now in Singapore. So like right now, I spend the holidays with my family in Singapore, but when term starts, I'll return down under. Hope that clarifies things. :)

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Launch of my new Youtube channel 9 years 11 months ago #5614

• steamer
  • Expert Boarder
I've been very lazy with my youtube account. I haven't really explored all I can do with it. It's here ...
[url:fvhmx1b8]www.youtube.com/user/StuntingSteamMcQueen[/url]

I've just subscribed to all of yours (I think). Yours seemed a little different, Prowler. I guess I subscribed to your favourites??

Adri, so you're 'carchasesfanatic'? I saw a friend thing from you, but I decided to change my password and I think I lost your invitation. I'm not super swift with the computer. Please try again.

I watched your video, Andre. The editing was great, loved the tune. Your effort will get 5 stars from me. :D

Star Wars Fanatic, geez, why hadn't I subscribed to your channel yet?? Total oversight on my part. Not that you're hurting for subscribers. :P I think I may be # 141.

I realize now that I should pay more attention to the whole youtube thing. I don't think I've even added anything in my profile, except for the basics. I must work on that in the very near future. Part of my laziness stems from the fact I use a 5 year old computer at home. I liken it to the Chevy Vega of computers. Haa. Defintely not one of the Vega's the lads used to squeeze a V8 into. I have a high speed connection but only PII 350MHz running Windows 2000. So, takes me awhile to load a video. With your video, Andre, I got it loading and went down to the kitchen for a snack. Imagine how long it takes to load a SWF 10 minute spectacular!!

There won't be any new additions to my account for awhile. Maybe this summer.

Cheers!

Re: Launch of my new Youtube channel 9 years 10 months ago #5682

Thanks y'all, for the subscriptions and ratings.
I like those stunt videos, Steamer. Did you perform those yourself, or were you the one filming them? Either way, they wouldn't look out of place in a car chase.
So you're an animation fan too, Prowler? Nice, in fact, your profile description is the very definition of non-sequitur surrealism. I bet you've watched steampunk/cyberpunk anime fare such as Akira and Steam Boy? Akira in particular, has some pretty neat motorcycle chases. Your profile seems to be missing the 'Subscribe' button, though. :(
I've managed to obtain a legal copy of KL Menjerit (for 7 bucks!). Lots of motorcyle races, too many in fact, that I've lost count. Not many impressive stunts for a low-budget film, but it looked like they may have filmed real-life gatherings and illegal street racing since I personally know those stretches of roads and the fact that they can't exactly be closed down. It is quite harrowing when you're viewing the close-shaves all the while in the knowledge that it is probably a real miss and not an 'act'. Some weaving in and out of traffic, wheelies, and intersection dashes are present. I'm ripping the movie now and will probably post it some time soon. In the meantime, check out Hoodwinked Point, my mash-up of 2008's first car chase flick with a limited-release animation gem from 2006. :D

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

New forum signature and Youtube wallpaper 9 years 1 month ago #7850

In celebration of the upcoming release of the new Jason Statham car-chase flick Transporter 3, I have implemented my first graphic signature on this forum! It's from one of the wallpapers on the official website, and the tagline is my creation. :D To me, we know who the driver is already, so let's showcase the car!

And my channel has undergone a makeover since my last update here. There's tons of trailer parodies of car-chase films like Vantage Point, The Dark Knight, and Pineapple Express, so do have a look! And there's a Quantum of Solace/Bolt trailer mash-up, a Cars music video and the new Pixar shorts Cars Toons featuring Mater's Tall Tales in the works, as featured in my UPcoming Attractions Trailer.

I also look forward to posting some car chases from my collection online too, so stay tuned!

Click on the sig to go to my channel, or HERE. Be sure to rate, comment, and subscribe!
;)

Re: Launch of my new Youtube channel 9 years 1 month ago #7851

After the suspension of my old account, I too have had to relaunch my Yotube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/AmanamanIII

If anyone here was previously subscribed to me, then please do resubscribe and re-favourite any lost videos you may have had.

Re: Launch of my new Youtube channel 9 years 2 weeks ago #7874

Good to have you back on YT, SWF. Copyright cops are so annoying, huh? I subbed back to you. Anyway, major announcement:

This Christmas, The Drive-In Theatre is proud to bring you the return of the improved version of the most popular video on its channel: The Ultimate 2008 Summer Movies Music Video Improved!

Back in August, it was removed after a copyright claim by a major studio. But now the Manager thinks otherwise, as he has not used any footage not found in any publicly-released trailers of any of the films featured. Furthermore, the Original version was untouched for some reason. Therefore, he is rereleasing this and would like to remind uptight studio bigwigs that none of the footage contained in this video is bootleg, and that all are from the trailers available to the general public. The Drive-In Theatre does not seek to gain monetary profit from this video, and that this is an honest fan tribute and should instead be seen as added publicity for the films featured. The Theatre did not create or own any of the films and characters, and that these are the sole property of the studios and filmmakers who made them.

All that aside, enjoy the video!

Here's the Improved Version.

Here's the Original Version.

And here's the Promotional Trailer.

And try to spot the edits! It helps to watch the Original first. There's only two of them, one of them of which the Manager had wished he used in the Original version, because in his opinion, it matches the lyrics perfectly. It involves a certain musical and animated film. Also, try to count how many summer car chase movies I've included, and enjoy the car action clips! ;)

Comments both in this thread and on YT much appreciated, and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds