Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Launch of my new Youtube channel

Re: Launch of my new Youtube channel 9 years 3 weeks ago #7875

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
Very nice AndreTeh :) The differences I spotted was where the car chase from Pineapple Express was put in place for Mamma Mia. The other was a longer shot of the joker in the original and one covered over with WALL E in the improvised version. And of course, the car chases used are Wanted, Dark Night, Indiana Jones, Get Smart, Pineapple Express and Hancock. Since you had a number of sixteen movies on hand, how long did it take you to complete the video? What software did you use?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Launch of my new Youtube channel 9 years 2 weeks ago #7886

Thanks for the compliment, Prowler. And good job noticing the edits!

Well, it took me about a month, because it was a stop-and-start kinda thing, I had schoolwork to juggle with and I was collecting more trailers in the lead-up to their respective films' release. I started sometime late-April and finished May 23 in time for the Indy 4 release.

I used iMovie, which I'm still using now. I would like to learn FinalCut Pro and Sony Vegas when I have the time and money, though. :)

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Re: Launch of my new Youtube channel 8 years 11 months ago #7928

Okay, that's the last straw! :evil: After deleting my 2008 Summer Movies music video, and two of Mater's Tall Tales (a series of shorts from 2006's animated racing film, Cars), YT delivered the killing blow and suspended my account! Now I'm experiencing the same anger and frustration of SWF and other fan creator's accounts who I've seen been wiped out indiscriminately!

To the legal pencil-necks at YT or whichever studios that are doing this, you're making a big mistake. Deleting the channels of those who are giving you twits free advertising is akin to shooting yourself in the foot. Not only do you lose the free marketing (we stand to gain no monetary benefits whatsoever, and we never claimed we created the content, you numbskulls!) we provide for you, but you're also alienating your target market (the FANS) who will migrate to some other video hosting site to post their fan edits there. This is ridiculous.

I've devised a plan inspired by thatguywiththeglasses' strategy (unfortunately he has gone to greener pastures) when his account kept getting suspended, for any Subscribers who are still reluctant to leave and want to view my channel. I'm also planning to find another video hosting site that is more forgiving. I can only hope that the blind bigwigs they got up there see their error of their ways. :x

*End Rant

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Re: Launch of my new Youtube channel 8 years 11 months ago #7929

Argh! I feel your pain Andreteh. Now that you mention it, I've had yet another spot of bother with Youtube. It seems they have had a row with Warner Music Group, and are now muting any videos that contain licensed soundtracks associated with them - consequently my Sims videos and Car Chase Cliches videos have fallen victim.

For example, here is my Car Chase Cliches 2 video in its current state:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5wJ6aK3s34

As I have only just noticed, bizarrely my original Car Chase Cliches video has now been blocked rather than muted despite having an identical problem to the second video! Perhaps this would come under the fair use act?

Re: Launch of my new Youtube channel 8 years 11 months ago #7935

Thanks for your consolation, SWF. Yeah, it's pretty weird (and stupid) that they should mute one video while deleting the other. Someone should organise a riot (or a peaceful demonstration, if violence is not your thing) to protest this. In my overactive imagination, perhaps. :D

Anyway, my plan involves creating a separate account for each video and favouriting them under one main account. It's a major hassle having to create a new account for every I upload from now on, not to mention obtaining another e-mail account for each one (since YT blacklists the E-mail accounts of copyright infringers). But I'm too tired and angry to be concerned about conserving YT's bandwidth, and this will make it difficult for the bots, cos' if they kill one account, at least I don't have to upload all my videos over again. Kind of like Hydra, the many-headed monster in Hercules. :)

So here's thedriveintheater (note the different spelling), back from the dead! Have a look under Favourites, and you'll find all my previous videos in their separate accounts to see what I mean. It's gonna take a few days to reupload all my lost vids and recruit my subscribers all over again, so to my fans, spread the word that this is the new account, and should it get suspended again, rest assured the new name will be some variation on "The Drive-In Theatre". ;)

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds