Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2008 DVD Releases

NATIONAL TREASURE 2: BOOK OF SECRETS 9 years 7 months ago #5833

Last year's Christmas blockbuster, National Treasure 2: Book of Secret is now available on DVD, Two-Disc Gold Collector’s Edition DVD and Blu-ray Disc. Of interest to car chase fanatics should be the special feature called 'Street Stunts: Creating the London Chase.'
If you were like me and got suckered into seeing a bunch of talking chipmunks last Christmas, this is the chance to redeem yourself. I'll probably rent it after my exams for a nice little diversion from the summer blockbusters. :)

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2008 DVD Releases 9 years 7 months ago #5840

• adri
  • Platinum Boarder
I cant wait to buy both of them 8)

Fear Is the Key (1972) 9 years 6 months ago #5866

Not sure how this escaped the dvd release radar, but Fear Is the Key has been available on DVD in the UK since last year. With the film's proper 2.35:1 aspect ratio, and Barry Newman at the wheel, sounds like the only way to watch its opening 13 minute car chase!

Robbery (1967) 9 years 6 months ago #5898

More good news on the DVD front. Robbery (1967) will be out on DVD later this month on a Region 2 disc. Great car chase through London opens the film and shows a lot of the filming techniques Peter Yates would later deploy with greater effect in Bullitt.

Sadly though, it appears that Optimum Home Entertainment are releasing it in full screen version. Let's hope that they got the release details wrong.

Speed Racer (2008) 9 years 5 months ago #5926

Since Speed Racer crashed and burned at the box office, the next chance to watch it is now on dvd. Full list of extras to be announced, but one of them will be on the making of the racing scenes.

Due to come out in September 2008.

Short Track (2008) 9 years 5 months ago #5933

Seems like Short Track wil get a direct to dvd release. DVD due out late September 2008.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds