Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Car Chase Cliches II

Re: Car Chase Cliches II 9 years 11 months ago #5594

As usual, you've made another great compilation of car chases. I like the way how you synch the videos to the rhythmn of the beats, was that intentional?
Oh, and I'm curious as to what songs you used for this video. I would like to know the first one, the backward 180s in particular, because it was used for an ad for the Italian Job on free-to-air a few weeks back, and I like the beat. But it would be great if you could list all the songs you used, I could only recognise Ruby and Back in Black.
Good job! :D

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Car Chase Cliches II 9 years 11 months ago #5599

Glad you liked it Andreteh, and yes it was intentional. As requested, the track list was as follows:

Muse - Map Of The Problematique
Armor For Sleep - Car Underwater
Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby
AC/DC - Back In Black
Papa Roach - Crash
Nightwish - The Poet And The Pendulum

Re: Car Chase Cliches II 9 years 2 months ago #6135

Steamer wrote:
Hopefully this one doesn't get removed by the "suits." :)

Bad news I'm afraid - Car Chase Cliches II has been removed due to copyright issues :( Interestingly however, it seems as if Youtube have a new system in place for this issue. Rather than being permanently removed from the site, it has been blocked and I now have the choice to either remove it or resolve the copyright. The copyright in question seems to be from Universal about the inclusion of The Fast and the Furious, which featured very briefly in my montage.

Also, during my seminar at university today, I actually raised this as today's topic was about fan bases and copyright infringement. This caused a nice debate and it was concluded that, since it was in the context of a fan based video, it was an overreaction on their part. Having read the message about my video on Youtube, my lecturer also suggested that it was the result of a bot detection on the site which lead to the removal.

Personally, I would not have minded if the video consisted of a whole scene taken from a movie, but its inclusion was very brief and in the context of a fan based tribute video to movie car chases as a whole. Still, at the end of the day they would most likely say that copyright is copyright and that they had the right to remove it. What do other forum members think?

Re: Car Chase Cliches II 9 years 2 months ago #6136

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello Martin,

It sounds like it was too favorable of a copyright for YouTube to remove the video just for the sake of a small F&F clip. Have you yet emailed any of the monitors of YouTube and discussed your methods? Please do, because I'm seeing many full length fan videos of F&F which have been around since 2006. So being, its most likely to be a bot detection which might have gotten in your way.

Re: Car Chase Cliches II 9 years 2 months ago #6146

I agree with you on the overreaction, SWF. I've had a similar experience, YT pulled my Ultimate 2008 Summer Movies Music Video Improved (pretty long title, I know) because of a claim by Warner Bros. 1-2 months ago. I'm gonna post it up again once the heat dies down. They should hire someone to actually verify the extent of breach of copyright, but I guess it would be cheaper (not to mention easier) to run a program instead.
If you do get a response from the bigwigs, I'm interested to hear it. :wink:

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Re: Car Chase Cliches II 9 years 2 months ago #6147

I am still considering whether or not to send Youtube an email about this. I suppose I should have nothing to lose if I do email Youtube (rather than use the resolve copyright function in which as I would probably lose), but it is a question of what to say about the matter, as I feel there is a likelihood that they will just say that I have still breeched the copyright of Universal, regardless of the context it was used in. At any rate, it's interesting to find that you have been in a similar situation, Andreteh.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds