Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Car Chase Cliches II

Re: Car Chase Cliches II 9 years 2 months ago #6170

It must have been an interesting lecture discussion SWF. It does seem extreme that Universal requested that your video get pulled for such a short extract. But it doesn't surprise me either. It's not the first time that a Hollywood studio has alienated core fans over copyright issues.

I think the copyright ethics found in sampling of music could serve as a model on how to progress with the issue. They could come up with a stipulation of a certain length of sequence lifted, and anything beyond that would be considered to be in in breech. That won't stop the uploading of long sequences to YouTube, but it would give fans creating user generated content more to play with.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Car Chase Cliches II 9 years 2 months ago #7822

To my dismay, my Youtube account has once again been suspended! This time it was thanks to a Jeremy Clarkson destruction mix I had posted, which was taken down by the BBC resulting in the suspension. However, the mix actually included material from his own DVDs which, to my knowledge, were not associated with the BBC. I sent the BBC's Youtube account this message:

Hello, I am writing concerning the suspension of my previous account due to a copyright claim from BBC Worldwide. The video in question was entitled "Clarkson Destruction Mix", and was a fan made tribute video to Jeremy Clarkson and the various cars he has destroyed in his releases. This was not an attempt to breech copyright or make a profit, and I believe that it was not doing any harm in the context of a fan made montage of comparatively small clips. My other issue was that, unlike Top Gear, I did not think that Jeremy Clarkson's own DVD releases were distributed by the BBC - please clarify this.

Unfortunately, my previous account was suspended as a result of this video's deletion, which has led to the huge loss of my established reputation, viewing figures and many subscribers, so I would be very grateful for a response. I hope you consider my views on this matter, and forward any suggestions to Youtube if necessary.

Thank you.

Martin Bigg

I really hope this gets resolved soon - I had hundreds of views and subscribers at stake, so as you can imagine I am not best pleased about the situation.

Re: Car Chase Cliches II 9 years 2 months ago #7825

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with Youtube SWF. It seems the real culprit in this instance are the BBC who seem to be vigorously enforcing anything they view as copyright infringement of their content. It could be that although the BBC did not distribute the DVD, perhaps they were involved in its production and are copyright holders in some way.

The only thing I can suggest is that when creating videos to be uploaded on YouTube, you steer clear of any work from film/television production houses (like Universal and BBC) who have a reputation of pursuing copyright infringement. I guess it's a matter of minimizing risk.

Re: Car Chase Cliches II 9 years 2 months ago #7832

• thenormal
  • Junior Boarder
Star Wars Fanatic wrote:
To my dismay, my Youtube account has once again been suspended! This time it was thanks to a Jeremy Clarkson destruction mix I had posted, which was taken down by the BBC resulting in the suspension. However, the mix actually included material from his own DVDs which, to my knowledge, were not associated with the BBC. I sent the BBC's Youtube account this message:

Hello, I am writing concerning the suspension of my previous account due to a copyright claim from BBC Worldwide. The video in question was entitled "Clarkson Destruction Mix", and was a fan made tribute video to Jeremy Clarkson and the various cars he has destroyed in his releases. This was not an attempt to breech copyright or make a profit, and I believe that it was not doing any harm in the context of a fan made montage of comparatively small clips. My other issue was that, unlike Top Gear, I did not think that Jeremy Clarkson's own DVD releases were distributed by the BBC - please clarify this.

Unfortunately, my previous account was suspended as a result of this video's deletion, which has led to the huge loss of my established reputation, viewing figures and many subscribers, so I would be very grateful for a response. I hope you consider my views on this matter, and forward any suggestions to Youtube if necessary.

Thank you.

Martin Bigg

I really hope this gets resolved soon - I had hundreds of views and subscribers at stake, so as you can imagine I am not best pleased about the situation.

If i remember correctly, youtube can't delete your account unless first you get warned twice by them.
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds